Tartufo

*~*
sesso- intimate intercourse with another person
*~*

"I never got a chance to properly thank you for helping Stella."

"You do not have to do that, Adonis. It is the least I could offer after I hurt you."

I nodded in response.

"Adonis, I genuinely am sorry for-"

"No, it is fine. Non dovevamo stare insieme."
I waved Gaia's apology off with a shrug. We looked at each other, our eyes masked by the aviators we were wearing.

It was extremely sunny outside today, and mother thought it would be fun to bring the entire family together.

Gaia and I were watching Stella run around with Eva and her friends from dance class.

Father and my uncles were cooking today as they discussed politics. I'd lost sights of Luna the minute she walked in the door. I assumed she was clearing up mafia business.

"Sometimes, I hate myself for destroying someone as good as you."

I grimaced at her words. "You must not flatter yourself, Gaia, because you did not destroy me."

I watched Eva and the girls attempt to teach Stella an advanced move from their class. When she nearly fell, they all laughed at her.

"You set me up!" she exclaimed as she joined in on their laughter. I didn't notice I was smiling until Gaia spoke again.

"You are good to her, Adonis."

"Sometimes, I have to wonder," I admitted as I watched her pick Eva up and blow raspberries in her neck.

"Why haven't you two slept together? You were so eager with me."

Her words made me frown deeply.

"She has been through a lot," I defended us both. "I want to make sure she is comfortable with herself and with me. I cannot ruin what we have because of a hard cock. That is what's wrong with the male race today. Our sex was sensual and naïve. You cannot compare our love story to Stella and I's."

"I only asked the question because sex leads to children, and that is what you have wanted for so long."

"I can still have chil-"

"Adonis, you are twenty-five years old. Five more years, and you will be fifty at your child's graduation."

My head snapped in her direction, and I turned to fully face her, unintentionally towering over her.

"I love Stella, Gaia. You had your chance, and you ruined it. Do not pretend to be worried about my future now, because I find it to be quite the contradiction. I will wait however long it will take for her to be ready for me. As you said, I cannot fuck this up."

She physically cowered in her spot and nodded quickly, causing me to take a few steps back.

"Mamma!" I heard Eva shrieking and giggling as she squirmed to get out of her mother's hold. We went back to watching the family enjoy their day.