4

The first day for...whatever her name was, went weirdly well. She was up before everyone else, she had her hole dug in less than thirty minutes, and wanted more to do.

"There is no way you are done digging already." She looked around at all of us who hadn't even got a foot down yet and when she went to say something I was pulled away from what she was saying by someone saying my name, so I started to look around and spot my mom and next thing I knew I was sitting up in my bed still at home.

"Whta the-" I looked around "having a weird dream again?" I nodded "yeah." I rubbed my eyes and groaned not wanting to get up for school. Truth is I am one of those 'weird' kids who everyone used to pick on until I beat all their asses one day after my competitive weight lifting class "and please no more fighting." I sighed "tell that to the kids that pick on me. I try walking away and they just follow and continue doing what they are which is normally hitting me with things. I'm in high-school momnot kindergarten. They want a fight I got one for em right here." I pointed at myself with my thumb "and also the kids that get picked on. Their bullies are in my sights too."

She only sighed at me then left as I picked out clothes for the day. Gotta get that damn movie out of my head. I got dressed then headed downstairs "the bus for that camp will be by after school to pick you up...again." I sighed knowing Luisa was just a cartoon character. "Ok mom." I wondered what it would be like to live there with them. Such a drastic time change. In years that is.

"Y/n move it or you'll be..." she sighed "late. I guess your staying home today. Also don't forget to feed your chicken." I had grown to hate that word unless it was referring to my pet chicken named Chicken Strips "how about we watch the movie one more time before I leave again buddy?" Why I have a pet chicken you may ask? My parents didn't want me having anything I could teach to steal money or objects. Jokes on them I taught C.S. to steal cash out of peoples purses. They normally didn't have the patience to chase down a chicken like they would a dog or cat.

As it got to the last part of the movie where Mirabel is getting ready to put the doorknob in the door the power suddenly went out making me groan "come on man. It was at a good part to." I got up and went to check the breaker to the house which was flipped off. "Thats weird." I went back in the living room and the TV still wouldn't turn on "bro come on." I was starting to lose my patience right as the TV flashed on with a bright white screen, but the song was finishing still "what the heck?" I tried turning it off and it wouldn't turn off, so I unplugged it, but it was still running "this is creepy as shit." I walked over and smacked the side of our TV then the whole house went black making me sigh in defeat "Chicken Strips?" There was no sound. "C.S.?" Still no sound, so I took a couple steps with my arms out "hello?" Only I would have this happen.

When the lights came back on it was not my house at all, but the kitchen of Casita where Julieta was cooking "uh hello?" She jumped and looked at me With her hand over her heart "you startled me...Who are you?" There was no way this was happening "mamà are you ok?" Mirable rushed in upon hearing her mother let out a startled noise "si mija I'm fine, but-" she turned her head back to me where her daughter followed her gaze "he's not from here." She went to nod and in came the rest of the family "who are you?" I went to answer and got interupted by Pepa who accused me of trying to harm her sister "everyone silence. Let him talk." I swallowed hard "I uh...I'm Y/n." I heard the clucking of a chicken and looked dover to see C.S. getting into Julietas purse "oh no." I ran over and grabbed her and pulled the money from her beak then placed it back in its rightful spot.

"Where are you from?"

"Uh..."

"How did you get here?"

"Is that chicken yours?"

"Whats the chickens name?"

Some of them started to throw questions at me repeatedly until Alma stopped it "come with me Y/n." I nodded and followed her to a smaller room where she sat down then motioned me to sit, so I did "where are you from?" How could I explain this to her? "Its...hard to explain. I live a very long ways away from here." She hummed "ok and how did you get here?" I shrugged "I don't know. I was watching a movie and the power went out then when it came back on I was here." She covered her mouth "oh dios mio." I could barely hear her "he was right." I cocked a brow confused as to what she meant. "Who was right?" She looked at the doorway then back to me "Bruno. You need to leave. Go back to where you came from do something." I didnt know what to do. I had no where to go and I dont think I could return home with my 'curse' even if I tried.

"I'll just go." I got up and went to leave, but Casita sat me back down. "Casita let him go." I shrugged "I got this." I imagined just outside Casitas front doors then blinked and was there C.S army side still. "He has a gift?" I heard the family start to talk and decided that wa say cue to go. Where? I didn't know yet. I dont think they'd mind me staying in the barn.

Out of everything I didnt know there was one thing I knew for sure. If I was stuck here the rest of my life I better be on my best behavior because I do not want to anger Alma in any way.