5

Today was weird and news travels fast in Encanto, so it didn't take very long for people to start wondering about the new stranger in town.

Someone else that had a gift? That was cool, but.where was he from? Was his family in a situation like ours? How did he get it? Why does he have it? I had so many questions I wanted to ask him, but Abuela said that I had to stay away from him. I couldn't talk to him, had to walk the opposite direction he was, she told me not to return a smile or a wave either. She said he's a not a good person and she knew because tio Bruno had a vision about him that didn't seem good. She wouldn't tell us what it was though and we all rely wanted to know.

"Tio Bruno?" He looked at me warily "dont ask about the vision kid. I promised Abuela I wouldn't tell anyone." I shook my head "no tio Bruno I want you to have a vision for me." He shrugged "I can't really have them for just anyone. Sometimes they just happen randomly." He knew more then I thought "but you did it for Isabella and Dolores...and Abuela." He sighed "ok gine, but dont tell your Abuela. She'll kill me if she knows I did this."

"No there has to be more tio Bruno." He sighed as the sand fell around them "there's not. Me and Mirabel have looked and there's nothing." He looked away from me "Mirabel knows?" He nodded slowly "yeah." Why did everyone know except me? And why were they all allowed to know, but I couldn't? "Remember you can't say anything and stay away form him Luisa. He's dangerous." I nodded. There was no way someone was dangerous without a reason.

"Chicken Strips." I heard his voice yell at the chicken that stuck around him and managed a small smile "Dolores please don't say anything." I walked over to where I seen him looking around by the water fountain, but before I could get there I was intercepted by Isabella and Mirabel "what do you think your doing?" I looked for an excuse and quickly "I was just going over to see if señora Guzman needed my help." They looked over at her to see her struggling to carry some stuff "ok just making sure." I noticed the boy watching us, but he shrugged it off until the chicken landed on my shoulder.

"I got it." They tried to catch it, but were unsuccessful until he walked over "im sorry about the chicken. I taught it some bad things. I'll just take it and go." He reached for it and Isa shot vines up stopping his hands "hey whats the big deal?" He did the same thing he did at Casita earlier and was out of the vines then took the chicken off my shoulder "see? Now I'll be going." He didn't seem to know where he was going "can't we atleast build him a small house? He has no where to go." My sisters sighed "Luisa you are too kind hearted. Hes supposed to-" Isa elbowed her "hurt me? Yeah I know, but if we give him a little house of his own we won't have to worry about him possibly hurting anyone else." They sighed again "no Luisa. Let him figure out a place to stay on his own. The townsfolk are tough and can deal with him."

I had to admit he was pretty attractive, but no one needed to know that except me. "Besides we just got Casita rebuilt yesterday." That reminded me "if he's so dangerous why did Casita try to keep him there? There is more to the vision then we seen and what tio Bruno can see. There has to be." Isa rolled deer eyes "not everyone is a good person Luisa. He appeared out of no where in Casita behind mamà, he can't give Abuela straight answers, and is destined to hurt you, but you still think he's a good person?" I shook my head "no I just think maybe we should give him a chance before instantly assuming." She rolled her eyes again and went to start in on me, but I was pulled away by my name being called for help. Probably Señor Rendon since he wants to fix the fence so the donkeys aren't always getting out, though sometimes it is his fault since he's a little careless.

"Yes?" He walked over "if you have time today will you help move the wood to fix the fence?" I had time right now "sure. I can move it now if you'd like." He nodded "gracias Luisa." Did I really just get thanked? "Uh...de nada." He smiled and showed me where the wood was, so I picked it up then took it to the barn and corral. Abuela made it very clear to the towns people not to push me too much anymore, so I decided I might as well fix the fence for him since I had nothing else to do. "C.S. be quiet. Rendon said we can stay here for as long as we need, but you need to be quiet."

Was he seriously talking to a chicken? Then again maybe he can understand them like Toñito.

"Hey!" I watched it run out of the barn and towards me who was just starting on the fence then before I knew it it was up on my shoulder again "im sorry." He reached for it and I watched it bite his finger making him yank his hand back "I knew I should've let mom cook you all those years ago." I chcuckled. Maybe he was more then just a handsome face.

"Have you tried tying its leg to keep it from going far?" I tied a peice of wood where it needed to be "no, but I need to try." He quickly grabbed it when it turned around to hop on the fence "how old are you?" I looked up at him where I was knelt on the ground to let him know I was tlaking to him "I'm nineteen." Maybe...no Luisa no you aren't even supposed to be talking to him. "Are you out of school?" What was that question? I was starting to panic realizing that he wa sold enough to not be in school anymore "technically yes, but back home the schools are strict enough unless you are twenty you still have to attend if you were held back."

This didn't really make sense to me "oh ok." I tried to end the conversation without being rude "im gonna go try that trick." He was kind of awkward. Then again so was I sometimes.