Chapter 56 : The Wedding Party

Trigger warning for self-harm and violence

Just when Cyprus and I were already dead set at talking to my parents, the universe threw us hurdles that ended up delaying our plans.

The wedding was called off. My entire family was devastated, except for me who secretly felt relief knowing my brother's manipulative schemes failed to trap Ate Piper in a loveless marriage.

However, a heartbreaking incident occurred that shook up my family in the worst way possible. An incident so heartbreaking that it made me question everything I know about my brother. I ended up drowning with guilt and regret.

No matter how much Cyprus and I wanted to tell my parents the truth about our relationship, we both knew it wasn't the right time.

After Kuya Lorenzo was discharged from the hospital, my view of my brother's love changed completely. I guessed Ate Piper's too because they ended up pushing through with the wedding plans.

Deep inside my heart, I knew there was still something wrong—but I willingly turned a blind eye, desperate to preserve my brother's life.

I was a hypocrite in every sense of the word, but I would rather be a despicable hypocrite than lose my brother.

The next thing I know, I was already in Montival Island. The wedding was all set and all of the guests have arrived.

The guests included my friends whom I invited. I thought the wedding celebration at the island could also be our barkada beach trip. Unfortunately, Cyprus had some things to take care at Rendelson City which rendered him unable to come to the island with me. And I ended up being too busy to spend time with my friends.

Joe:

Are you really sure you can't come?

Balak ko pa namang ipakilala ka na sa kanila

Cyprus:

I'm really sorry. There's been a security breach and we're trying to pick up the pieces

Susubukan kong humabol

Joe:

I totally understand. Just don't pressure yourself too, I can wait

We have all the time in the world

After this wedding, I'll come back to Rendelson for good