Epilogue

All of us were dressed in black, not just because we were mourning, but because we knew it was the color Reika De Juan loved the most. 

It was weird seeing everyone in the same place after such a long time, but it was weirder not seeing Ate Reika around. She was always there in every occasion, even just the simple hangouts.  She would always joke that she was there for the food, but we all knew she was there to spend good times with her friends. She had a way of bringing light everywhere she went, which is why her absence was painfully felt.

I've always wanted to be close to her, but I never really got the confidence to do so. I've always looked up to her ever since I was just a kid. Nakakalungkot dahil hindi ko man lang ito nasabi sa kanya. 

I looked around the restaurant where all of us gathered to commemorate her life and memories. People tried to remember her happily like what she wanted, but everyone was still in tears.

I knew most of the people inside the restaurant, but it was my first time to see most of them cry. Even Kuya Jethro and Kuya Denver whom I've always considered as stone-cold were crying as well.

My friends were also there because at some point of their lives, they made positive connections with Ate Reika. She never admitted it, but we always knew that she was a social butterfly who were able to get along with everyone with almost everyone, even if she claimed to be some badass girl who hated the world.

"I hope she liked the flowers I prepared for her today. She's always been my parents' favorite customer," Izzy said with tears in her eyes.

"Alam n'yo ba? Noong naging intern kami ni Goose sa kompanya nila, lagi niya kaming pinapatago sa opisina niya para makahabol kami sa mga assignment at makapag-review sa exams," kuwento naman ni Argentina.

"Nami-miss ko na 'yong nagkakampo tayo sa opisina niya para mag-netflix, tapos kung may papasok, kunwari tinutulungan natin siya sa kung ano-ano," maluluha-luha namang sambit ni Goose. "Siya rin 'yong nagturo sa akin paano gumamit ng photocopier kasi nakita niya akong pinapagalitan ng manager ko."

I looked at Hope and Chewy who were holding each other's hand tightly. After Chewy figured out who framed him and who really killed Hope's brother, they were finally able to get back together. There were still some people who continued to suspect Chewy, but just like Cyprus, they chose to live.

"Hindi ko dapat ginawa 'yon . . . " At some point during the program, I heard Chewy whisper to Hope. "Sobrang bait niya sa akin . . . Bakit ko ba nagawa 'yon sa kanya?"

"I've known her since we were kids. I'm sure she has forgiven you," sabi naman ni Hope sa kanya.

All of a sudden, I felt Cyprus press my hand lightly. "Nandito na si Sawyer."