Chapter 60 : Good Morning

9 months later 

If someone would tell my younger self that she would be an independent businesswoman at the age of 22, she would probably believe you. But if you tell her that she would also be moving in with the love of her life in a cramped 1-bedroom apartment while providing financial support to her brother's unborn kid and baby momma, I bet she would think you're nuts.

My mom thought I was I was nuts as well—going as far as accusing Cyprus of corrupting her very innocent daughter and manipulating her into abandoning the best life a girl could ever have. Little does mom know, I was the loose cannon between Cyprus and I. Meanwhile, he was the moral compass that kept me from getting lost. 

"Cyprus, nalilito na ako! Saan mo ba talaga gustong ilagay 'tong sofa?!" Hindi ko na napigilang mainis. Tagaktak na ang pawis naming dalawa sa kakabuhat ng mga furniture pero hirap talaga siyang makapagdesisyon.

"Last na! Last na talaga! Center, facing the door!" aniya, tawa nang tawa. Tuloy, tawang-tawa rin ako. Sa sobrang tawanan namin, nahirapan na tuloy kaming magbuhat at napilitan na lang na ibaba ang sofa sa kinatatayuan namin.

"Wait, I think this is perfect spot!" bulalas ko sa napagtanto.

"Y-Yeah, let's stick to this!" he agreed, laughing while chasing his breath.

Pareho kaming bumagsak paupo sa sofa, nagtatawanan. Sumandal siya sa balikat ko at sumandal din ako sa kanya. Mula sa kinauupuan, kitang-kita namin ang kabuuan ng apartment na kompleto na ng mga gamit. 

From where we sat, we also had a full view of the picture frames hanging in our white-coated walls, chronicling our lives together. From our first awkward mirror selfie as nothing but acquaintances, our only selfie as running buddies, to our picture taken on the day we had our first official date, and our photo as boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Hindi ba ako mapagkakamalang pedo diyan?" He chuckled near my ear.

"Don't worry." I grinned while reminiscing the good old days. "The photos speak for themselves. Look at how awkward we both were at each other?"

Cyprus laughed heartily, I even felt his shoulders raising up and down. "I was always walking on eggshells around you guys."

"Meanwhile, I was walking on eggshells around you!" I snorted. "I can't believe I went all ghost slayer on you?"

He laughed even louder. "I was just peacefully hanging out in my room when you suddenly burst in and threw salt on me."

"Oh my God!" It's been years but the memory still flusters me. "Siraulo talaga ako noon!"

Cyprus tilted his head, looking at me with a grin on his face. "Noon lang?"

I jokingly pushed his face away and held his hand as I continued to stare at the photos hanging in the wall. "I can't wait to hang more photos of us."