She Gave Me

Legolas tried to run after her, but Aragorn caught him
"You've done enough." He said, fury laced in his voice. He had never heard Aragorn be this stern, not since he had known him. Aragorn walked out of the room, quickly, the crowd oblivious to Legolas' plight. His gaze flocked to the left a little, and there he spotted what remained of his friends. Gimli's months was agape, sadly, and Boromir shook his head. He looked a little disgusted. Legolas couldn't stand it. The hobbies were glued to the floor, shocked at what had just happened. Slowly his friends all peeled away from him, Frodo last of all, the look he gave Legolas, the most haunting of all. It wasn't even anger. It was just a deep sadness and a deep pity. Legolas stormed out of the room.

☆☆☆☆☆

I'd never ran this fast in my life. I tore out of the Hall of Light, and down the steps of the trees lit by candlelight. I would run into devastation if it would take away this pain. Tears streamed down my face, I couldn't stop them, though I tried.

Aragorn and the others were wrong. Most of all, I was wrong. I wad so wrapped up in my own head, at the thought of beloging to Legolas and he belonging to me, that I actually believed it could happen. Would happen.
"Raina! Wait!"
A gasp left my throat, spotting Aragon following me down from the palace.
"Wait!" He shouted. I turned heel and ran, almost falling. I didn't want anyone to see me, to known that Legolas had broken me. Or rest I had broken myself. Once I got down from the Mellorn tree, I ran, ran as fast as I could, and I would run as fast as I could
"Raina!" I could hear Aragorn's footsteps behind me, crushing the grass. I had to lost him, I had to. But I was slowing down. I wasn't built for this kind of strain, and eventually, I stopped, turned around and crashed into Aragorn's arms sobbing.

I felt Aragorn stand awkwardly, shocked at my reaction, before slowy his arms wrapped round me. He smelled comforting. Of forest and sweet wine. I didn't sob, scream even.though I wanted. I just let the tears fall down mu face, and slip into Aragorn's brown shirt. He stroked my hair gently.
"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

I was sorry too. Sorry I ever trusted myself where it came to Legolas. Sorry that u believed that he actually had feelings for me. Sorry I believed that he loved me.

☆☆☆☆☆
We left Lorien two days later. Maerwen, Edel and Arnos came to say goodbye. They had heard about what happened. Of course, the whole of Lorien had by now: Legolas, prince of the Mirkwood realm, had kissed Gwileth, a beautiful raven-haired maiden. She was probably going to marry him soon.

I shivered a little, eyes still red as I stooped down to look at myself in the looking glass. I had cried my heart out two days ago, and yet they were still puffy, still swollen. I didn't think they'd ever get back to normal, and that I'd ever heal.

I felt a broth of emotions. Anger, jealousy, fear, depression. Even though I tried to deny it I felt that Gwil didn't deserve him, not as much as me. I felt tired of losing people I loved. I blinked away the moisture that was currently forming again in my eyes, as Maerwen set my clothes on my bed.

She smiled, and I saw pity reflected in her eyes. I wondered what was worse to her: Legolas choosing Gwil over me, or the departure of our Fellowship. Edel and Arnos gave me brief hugs.

"We'll miss you." They said. "Be careful."

And I was sure I would be from now on. I would never give my heart away like this again. I would surround it, build an immense and unimpenetrable fortress around it, make sure that no one would ever get access to it again. Make sure I would never feel this way again.

Maerwen led me to the edge of the river. It was early, but most of Lorien was already awake, and there was a mist that hung in the air. I didn't see Haeronwen, or any of the other elflings. I wondered if she was still asleep, but then I remembered what had happened two nights ago.