0.04

Billie's Pov

Y/n and I walk together, I'm a bit scared the older boys from the village might see us and cause trouble, they are really protective over us.

People will see them as hooligans but the boys
from this village are just protecting this village. They are like brothers to me.

The boys include Denzel,Justine, Harry and David. They've taken care of me and would always help me out if I asked but I don't because I really love my independence, that's one thing I have of mine.

I work hard and get my shit done. It's not for me it's for the children. So many children have died
in this village because they don't have enough food and I'm not letting these four die. I have practically raised them. If I earned even more I'd send Lucas off to school following by Kenzie, Madison,Rue and Sam

They're just 5-9 years old children and they don't
deserve this. But life is a lesson and I'm going to work hard to make sure they survive, god damn I've been doing a good job.

My dream is to relax, to not feel anxious 24/7,1 guess I'm always worried about the children and
if someone comes and hurts them.

"Are you okay?, you seem anxious" y/n says as she spots me looking around to make sure the boys aren't around.

"Y/n if the boys in this village see me with you they'll hurt you, they're really protective over us" I whisper, I need to let her know just incase

"They won't do shit to me, trust me" she says as she laughs, why won't they do anything?

"What are you gonna do? Give them money?" I know I sound salty right now but I don't know why this rich person wants to hang out with me when I saw her with the rich family that lives just

20 minutes away from this village. They always come to the market and they're. so snobby and rude & they treat the children like dirt or like their personal slaves, it always results in me pulling the children back.

We are humans despite race, colour, gender, sexuality and class. That's the truth. Class. Just because I wasn't born just as rich as y/n or the snobby family doesn't mean I'm going to allow the people of more power to talk to me like I'm shit.

I work hard and I really couldn't give a shit about myself, like I said everything I do is for those kids

My parents died, I lost who I was a long time ago and it's hard to come back, I can't come to terms with Y/n calling me beautiful. I don't feel beautiful.

"Really Billie? Are you throwing those kind of digs at me?" She responds with anger boiling up in her eyes, I sigh back at her, why is she so cute when she's mad.

"It's just, I'm confused what do you want from me y/n?" I snap back at her, my hands on my hips, then removing one hand to run through my hair.

"I just want to be your friend Billie, why are you struggling to come to terms with that?" She shouts over me, then she huffs

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout" she whispers

"Why do you want to be friends with me? we're two completely different people and quite frankly, I have nothing interesting about me, I've been complaining all day like a fucking whiny old bitch and I thought that would put you off being friends with me and then you proceed to want to eat with me, I'm really just not okay with this, I don't believe someone your status wants to work with me and then eat with me, what's the deal?" I ramble on, she looks at me with disappointment.

"If I'm really effecting you that bad then I'll go billie, I'm sorry" she says as she storms off, regret fills my chest, why do I feel so bad?

That's what I wanted right. I've never had someone so interested in me, especially someone with y/n's status. I've never dated or even been in love, or liked anyone in that way. Y/n's the first person that's ever given me attention and it's confused me.