Jealous Much

Just as their kiss had been about to get heated the pair were interrupted by an angelic looking boy who was standing in the foyer of the shop... his hair was a darker brown than the shifter's own, and as straight as Mariano's own, with his complexion being a much deeper tone than the chameleon's.

"A-Andres..." Camilo had stuttered slightly as they had quickly broken apart, the shifter struggling to get behind the counter in his overextended skirt. "W-what are you doing here..."

The other boy sniggered at the Madrigal's question, his eyes raking over the other male's form, observing his current dresswear and attire with an interest that made Mariano's blood boil.

"I couldn't pass up the opportunity to visit my favourite cariño now could I?" He questioned innocently, though his attraction to the shifter was evident to behold.

The shifter rolled his eyes at the other's affectionate term before responding. "Well, just to clear things up, this is Mariano, mi novio." He said in a matter of fact tone. "Mariano, Andres." He finished, having properly introduced them both.

"Boyfriend huh?" Andres had questioned, brow raised in surprise. Turning to Mariano as he continued to speak. "So you are the lucky man the town is buzzing about.

"The one to have to have ensnared our angel's heart..." he said softly, expression slightly awed...

A hint of jealousy had flashed through his gaze as he said this, but his eyes seemed to be filled mostly with respect for the victorious male...

Mariano grinned, smirking in satisfaction at hearing those words leave the other male's lips. "I'd like to think so." He replied, his tone collected.

He knew exactly how lucky he was...

As the two alpha males stared each other down Camilo had settled with his head in his arms on the counter, muttering something about all men being idiots...

When Andres had left, they managed to change back into their own clothes just before the store manager had returned.

They left not long afterwards, with him thanking them profoundly for all their assistance. As they exited the shop Camilo had gripped Mariano's hands gently pulling him in a new direction.

Mariano, however, could only focus on the sensation of the other's hand within his, and the inquisitive stares this action brought to the couple...

He grinned, at this, the shifter having quickly noticed his smile. "Might as well give them a show." He shrugged, swinging their linked hands gently.

They soon arrived at Ms. López's door, who was a sweet young woman, not much older than the chameleon himself, with her quickly debriefing him of her location, the market to pick up a few groceries, and thanking him before she left in a hurry.

Mariano soon discovered that their task for the evening would be to babysit her infant son Diego, who was currently fast asleep, while she was out running errands. Which was one that he found to be rather sweet...

Especially when Diego had woken up and the shapeshifter hadn't hesitated to take the form of the child's mother, using his gift to sooth the tired child.

Mariano looked on softly as the other male gently rocked the infant back to sleep, cradling him gently within his arms.

While it was odd to be around the shifter when he wasn't in his natural form, as Mariano felt weird being drawn to another person besides his chameleon...

To feel the same tug on his heartstrings that he would when he usually looked at his shifter was certainly a strange occurrence to behold...

As they sat in silence, not wanting to disturb the baby, Mariano had tapped the other, causing him to meet his gaze questioningly. Mariano had done so to examine the other's eyes carefully, having noticed something off about his angel's disguise...

Though they had lost their traditional colouring, going from gold-hazel to Ms. López's hazy green, Camilo's eyes still retained the same hidden allure... even after he had shifted...

Suddenly, the infant stirred, opening his eyes slightly and beginning to cry. "Shhhhh..." the Madrigal male hushed, softly rocking the babe, calming him back to sleep in mere moments.

As he observed this Mariano contemplated his chameleon being a parent someday... for him to look upon the face of his own offspring with the same love and adoration that he always exuded...

They could be your children too... his mind reminded him... which he attempted to avoid considering for too long...

To be honest, the deep-rooted attraction his heart felt for the other frightened Mariano... it was almost as if his heart had known him long before his conscience ever had...

How long had he been without his other half..?

The concept that he had existed for so long in the absence of the presence of the other terrified him... he didn't know what he would do if anything ever happened to him...

For he had forgotten how to live without him...