Empty

Once the child's mother had returned to the home, around an hour later, it allowed the shifter to return to his original form, which Mariano now held a new appreciation for, having known its absence...

On the way back to the house, with Camilo having completed his work for the day, Mariano decided that it was his turn to choose where they went.

He surprised the other by pulling him in a new, unfamiliar direction to the chameleon. Camilo turned to the other, brow lifted in question, but still allowed the other male to lead.

Mariano grinned at this, greatly enjoying the trust that his chameleon exhibited for him, as they neared their destination.

As they came into view of the house Camilo recognized it as the Guzman's household, having been to a party there once before.

When they reached the door and Mariano knocked, the shifter realized what this was... he was about to be introduced to the other's parents...

Which he found to be a very sweet sentiment...

Provided it went well and they liked him...

When the door opened and the kindly face of Mrs. Guzman was revealed, as she stood in the doorway, Camilo felt his heart drop; feeling as if he was going to spontaneously combust for a moment.

Then he breathed, relaxing as Mariano began to speak. "Mami..." he started, pulling Camilo closer to ten so that their intentions for each other were unmistakable.

"You told me to stay at the Madrigal Casita for a little while longer to spend some quality time with a certain special someone..." he said, smiling softly.

Though Mrs. Guzman seemed slightly confused, Camilo had to be impressed by how quickly it all clicked into place, the understanding visible in her facial expressions.

"Well, this is that very special someone that I was so excited to enjoy more time with..." Mariano continued, gently letting go of the shifter's hand and placing that arm around his waist instead.

At this admission, the woman's face broke out into a bright smile as she looked between the pair. "And I can see how happy he makes you..." she giggled, motioning for them to come inside.

Mariano's father was also rather indifferent about his choice of partner, saying. "Well hijo, you certainly have chosen yourself quite the fallen angel..." he said with a chuckle.

By the time the pair left to head back to Casita it was almost as if they had already gained a new family member, showering the shifter with love and adoration.

Their eager expressions and excitable looks towards Mariano and each other also revealed how happy they would be when he made the shifter an official member of the family...

Hopefully soon...

As they walked back, his chameleon exuding happiness and relief at the fact that they liked him, Mariano finally decided to break the silence.

"So... I get threatened with death and you got welcomed with open arms..?" Mariano questioned, smirking as the other laughed at this.

"I guess I just seem more visually innocent to other people..." Camilo began, intertwining their hands once again.

"Less of a, tie-your-son-down-and-fuck-him, kinda guy..." he said with a lidded gaze and a knowing smile directed upwards at the other male.

Mariano flushed lightly at this vulgar description before agreeing... "Fair point..." he muttered, a grin playing on his lips at his shifter's teasing.

When they finally returned to the Casita, they found it completely quiet, seemingly deserted.
Quickly deciding to check to see if anyone actually was home.

They decided to split up, knocking on each of the glowing doors on the second floor, and after receiving no answer, deemed the house to be completely desolate.

The pair met back in the dining room where the shifter smartly decided to ask Casita itself if the house was actually empty.

Casita confirmed this by removing all of the other Madrigals already-set plates off of the table, leaving only Camilo's behind.

The symbolism wasn't lost on Mariano, who, like the chameleon, could recognize what this meant.

They weren't home...

Mariano couldn't help the thrill of freedom that coursed through him at this, no one here to monitor him and his angel's relationship...

While Mariano had been lost in thought Camilo had sneezed, the larger male noticing the movement out of the corner of his eye, as well as hearing the soft sound that accompanied it.

Turning to the other, Mariano was about to respond with a 'bless you' when he gave a surprised cry at the image before him.

Camilo, without noticing, had accidentally shifted his form when he sneezed, mistakenly turning into his own mother without noticing.

Seeing the weather-powered Madrigal sitting before him was not something he had expected, causing him to involuntarily shriek in surprise

At Mariano's scream, Camilo quickly went back to his regular appearance once he realized the reason behind the other's panic.

Laughing internally at the other's visible fear of the maternal Madrigal...