Of Tea And Gold

"Honestly, that colour suits you so well Cami..!" Mirabel grinned, glancing over at Dolores who appeared to be disinterested. "What do you think Lola?" Mira asked, her question directed at the shifter's older sibling.

Her eyes glanced over the gown in a petty fashion before she spoke. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, you look nice and all cami but more importantly, where is MY silk tea dress?"

She raised a brow as she asked this, channeling an unimpressed aura similar to her mother as she did so. "You think I took it?" The chameleon questioned dangerously, eyes narrowed, his attitude easily matching his sister's own.

"Well it's the only dress I can think of that could possibly fit that belly of yours in the next few months." She said casually, glancing up at him from examining her nails.

"Oh wow already throwing shade at your little niece or nephew huh? I see how it is..." Cami returned smoothly as Isabela pulled Mariano aside from the bickering siblings to get him alone.

"I just wanted to tell you how glad I am that you and Camilo are happy together." She smiled brightly. "You two really are meant for each other..." she said this kindly, her voice genuine.

Mariano smiled at the floral Madrigal, appreciating her acceptance as much as the next person's - if not more - having almost been forced into a relationship with her...

"Gracias," he said. "Your blessing means a lot to the both of us." He replied, outstretching his hand, which she gladly accepted, firmly shaking it in truce before they returned to the buffet table.

Once there they found Dolores and Camilo eating and chatting amicably as if they hadn't been at each other's throats merely a few moments ago...

Isabela could only sigh in understanding at this; "Siblings..." she muttered as she went over to grab her own plate, her rouge gown swishing around her heels as she walked.

The couple eventually left the group, venturing into the crowd once Mariano managed to pull the shifter away by telling him his intentions to find his parents and deliver the good news.

They found the Guzman's with little trouble, with the both of them happily announcing that they were expecting; with the brunette enjoying his parent's different pleased reactions

His mother had congratulated them both before turning to Mariano and continuing with a "That was awfully quick of you two..!" A statement which had both males flushing in response.

Mr. Guzman on the other hand had simply grinned understandingly at this news, offering his congratulations in an equally pleasant manner as his wife, minus the mildly reprimanding undertone...

They chatted together for a bit with the older couple before excusing themselves, the shifter wasting no time in pulling Mariano onto the dance floor.

As they moved together Mariano chanced to ask a question that he had been curious about since first seeing his angel at the party...

"Your outfit, mi vida," he began. "It looks lovely on you." He said, pressing a gentle kiss to the other cheek during a pause in the song.

"Did it take long to prepare?" Mariano finally questioned, knowing his own dark suit had taken a few days to tailor to him he could only imagine the effort his chameleon had put into his fantastical ensemble...

"The dress was done within a few hours, because Mira is a miracle worker," the chameleon giggled as he responded, twirling his skirt. "It was my hair that really took the longest." He huffed, mild annoyance dripping into his tone.

"Fixing it can take forever sometimes." He sighed as they continued to dance fluidly, their movements matching each other quite synchronously, despite their inexperience in doing so with a partner.

"My mom helped me with it before the party." He said gently, noting the slight tensing of his lover's form at the mention of the maternal weather Madrigal. Not that he could blame him...

"She did the," he gestured to the strands of gold woven amongst his locks, unable to find the proper words to describe them. "Golden things, and... we talked a bit... about us and the family."

He shrugged before grinning lightly as he continued. "She likes you more than you think." The shifter said sweetly, a deep warmth in his umber eyes that never failed to set Mariano's heart a flutter...

"What? She does!" Camilo protested, smirking as Mariano simply raised his brows in response to the other, the chameleon playfully rolling his eyes as he observed the expression of disbelief the other's face currently held.

The older male sighed happily before responding. "I'm just relieved that your mami no longer dreams of someday putting me six feet under." He chuckled, twirling the brunette in their dance as he hummed in agreement.

"That, and that I can kiss you in public now..." Mariano whispered, suddenly tugging the other closer, with Camilo not having realized the shift in his interest until he was flush against the other.

Leaving so little space between them...