Chapter 5: A Blast From the Past: Part 2

Jack chuckled just as pleasantly as Lazar had laughed. "You wanted Stardust Dragon so bad, well here it is! It's just like they always say; 'be careful what you wish for!' When I offered to give you back your precious Stardust Dragon, you should've just taken it and run back home to the Satellite. But no, you just had to prove that you could hold your own with the Master of Faster!"

"I'm gonna do more than hold my own, Jack," Yusei declared. "It's my turn! I summon Shield Warrior to the field in defense mode!" A monster wearing a clothed helmet and armor stepped onto the field. He rested on his knee in defense position with his shield and spear up to protect himself as well as Yusei's life points.

"And next, I'll also switch my Junk Warrior into defense mode. With that done, I'm placing one card face down. It's your move."

"Leaving both monsters in defense mode? You gotta get aggressive if you wanna win. But then again, I shouldn't be surprised; you never were much of a fighter!" Jack smirked while Yusei scowled angrily. Jack spun so Yusei faced him.

"Haven't you learned, Yusei? You can't just cower and hide, and hope to survive. And here's proof; Red Dragon Archfiend can wipe out all your monsters in defense mode! So say goodbye to your little friend!"

Jack's dragon's orange eyes glowed ferociously and he sunk his flaming claws into Junk Warrior. Like Jack had explained, that meant Shield Warrior bit the dust too.

"Seriously, Yusei, didn't you learn anything back in the schoolyard? Didn't you sneak out of the Satellite to get even with me? I mean, if you came here to throw down or whatever, why are you acting like that scared kid from the playground?"

'It's called strategy!' Clarice thought. 'At least, I hope it is...Speed Warroir only has 1300 defense while Shield Warrior has 1600.'

"Well, now that you've got no monsters on your field, Stardust Dragon can swoop right in and attack you directly! Hope this doesn't hurt too much!" Jack cried, entirely unconcerned.

Yusei: 0500

Jack: 1900

"So, the monster that used to be yours, the one you came here to get back from me, is now the one taking you down. I'm sure if you ever thought this would've happened, you never would've crawled out of that dump you call home!" Jack mocked.

//////////

Clarice watched Yusei closely, worried. It had been two laps, and Yusei had yet to make a move. She crossed her arms in hope she root for Yusei. 'Please, he can't have given up yet...'

"Well are you waiting for Yusei?" Jack mocked. "You do know it's your turn now right? How come you never move in two laps? Think like giving up?"

"Not a chance!" Yusei shot back."I summon Sonic Chick in defense mode!" Yusei's pink little bird with a green collar, bell, and red boots emerged and raced beside Yusei. Clarice breathed a sigh of relief.

"Just like back at school, you waste all your time hanging out with chickens!" Jack scoffed.

"Well at least I know this 'chicken' isn't going to double cross his best friend, and then scurry away in the middle of the night. In fact, this 'chicken' is sticking around for the long haul." Yusei encountered back at Jack placing a face down card in his disk. "Now I place a card face-down; you're up!"

//////////

Up in the stands, Clarice clutched her sides, laughing while covering her her mouth even though she does not want to be spotted by Yusei and Jack. Just no now at least. The image of Yusei playing with a chicken, and then of that chicken mugging him and running off...well, if Yusei's metaphor was good for one thing, it was humor.