Chapter 22: Blood Vengeance Part 1

Clarice was placed by the back of the wall with her arm crossed, when she heard footsteps clicking in the hallway and knew who it belongs to as she glance to her right reveling the Black Rose.

Akiza turned the corner and walked straight into Clarice who was unfazed by her anger. The Black Rose felt a sting through her as if she too can feel another power coursing though the Flame-Winged Duelist.

"You seem quite frustrated..." Clarice observed keeping the usual blank face. "Have you experience this before with somebody else may I ask?"

"I'm fine, thank you." As she answered, Akiza's hand went to where her mark had been moments before.

Clarice could tell that Akiza has depised the mark has chosed her as she kept perusing. "Ignoring that other answer huh?  What's your deal with these marks of theirs?"

"This mark has caused me nothing but pain, so what good can come from having another one around" Akiza glared at Clarice. "You're like him, so get lost and go back to that waste land of yours!"

Clarice felt a surge of hate the fact that Akiza said something she will regret that but kept calm never to show what she can do--just not yet.

"What's going on back here? The two of you girls getting along nicely?" Lazar stepped into view. "Quite the duel just now, Miss Akiza, very impressive. Before the next duel gets underway, Director Goodwin has a few things he'd like to talk to you about. I'd say more, but it's strictly confidential. Why don't you come with me and we-"

"Akiza must rest." The man in a trench coat, along with two other duelists, strode towards the group.

"And you are?"

"Don't play dumb, Lazar. Your reputation precedes you. We both know that you don't like surprises, so let's not waste time pretending you haven't done your homework. Stay away from Akiza, and tell the Director she's not interested in what he has to say." Sayor put up a hand, and his two companions escorted Akiza out of the competitors' wing, the man bringing up the rear.

"Well, the Director will not be pleased with this at all," Lazar said with a pout then take a glance at Clarice who had a cold stare down at the clown.

Lazar felt her cold looks and buzz off not feeling like dealing with her since their last encounter when she tried to devour that clown.

"Clarice." Yusei appeared behind her without looking back. Yusei had noticed the signs of her are starting to clenched into her own purple fabric. "Are you all right?" he tried to place a comforting hand on her shoulder but she jerked away from him and move away from the wall.

"There's nothing for you to be concerning about, Turbo Boy." she move around walking away. "I got to go get ready to duel the Black Rose...which is not black, but red." she went off leaving Yusei keeping an eye on her as she disappears.