Chapter 13: A Duel to Remember

"Should we wake him up?"

"I dunno. Look at that marker on his cheek."

"What about it?"

"Remember that weirdo who used to clean the pool? When dad came home and saw that guy ha a mark on his cheek, he fired him. Dad said that mark meant he was in the facility."

"So you think this guy was in the facility too?......Cool."

"That's not cool you dork! People who've been to the facility are bad!"

"Well, talk to his card spirits. See what they have to say about him."

The two green-haired kids discussed their options, while Yusei remained passed out on their couch. The girl placed a hand on her deck.

"Well?"

"They say that he's a very good person. They also say he's very sad. And he's looking for a person dear to him."

"I wonder what he's sad about. Maybe he lost his dog or his hamster-"

"I said a person you dork!" Yusei began to stir and waking up, opening his eyes and began to look around seeing to kids smiling. "SHH! he's waking up!"

Yusei sat up and stared at...twins. "Who are you?"

"We found you in the alley downstairs," the girl said.

"You wrecked your bike." the boy chimed in.

"You wouldn't wake up!"

"So we brought you up here."

"You're heavy..."

"My name's Leonard. But please call me Leo. This is my sister Luna. We're twins, in case you couldn't tell. Not identical twins, obviously; she's a she and I'm a he." Yusei was not paying attention to Leo he was only half paying attention and just grabbed his deck on the table as Leo began to asked him, "So...uh...who are you, mister? What's your name?"

"I have no idea..." Yusei replied.

Uh oh! It looks he's memories are completely wiped clean.

"I never met anyone with the amnesia before." said Leo.

"Where are we?" Yusei asked.

"Check this out." Not really answering the question, Leo waved his arm and curtains covering an enormous window spread out to reveal the yard. A fancy one with topiary, pool, and jacuzzi.

"Leo just answer his question and tell him where we are!" Luna said impatiently.

"Cool, huh? It's on a motion sensor. We've also got a-"

"You're in our apartment, in an area called the Tops." Luna interrupted.

"Nice huh? It's the best place in New Domino City; only super rich people can live here."

"LEO!" Luna scolded exasperatedly.

"How did I end up up in that alleyway." Yusei asked.

/

Down at the bottom of the Tops building, Trudge attempted to gain access.

"Did you hear what I just said? There may be a fugitive in there!"

The guard wasn't listening. "I understand, sir, but again: all street level officers wishing to enter the Tops must present search and seizure form 23Q, which can be obtained by submitting an A-level request to the district attorney and then, upon approval, presenting the attendence-"