Chapter 45: Mark of the Monkey - Part 3

Leo: 3200

Devack: 2500

"Devack activated a field spell. He's done everything he needs to summon an Earthbound Immortal!" Yusei bit his lip worriedly.

"That's not good," Trudge agreed.

"Very bad," Clarice added. "But I have one question."

Yusei and Trudge stared at her. She looked back to normal, slightly.

"Who lit Trudge on fire?" She asked. She reached out and poked the officer's shoulder, as if testing his flammability.

"She's lost it! She's completely lost it!" Trudge said, freaking out a little.

"By channeling the dark power of the Closed Forest field spell, Z-Man the Ape King will gain one hundred attack points for every monster in my graveyard," Devack explained, ignoring the three spectators. "And since I have five monsters already there, Z-Man the Ape King gains five hundred attack points!" Devack smirked as his monkey's attack jumped up to 3000.

"I don't suppose a banana would solve this?" Leo joked, trying to ease his panic.

"Let's battle! Z-Man the Ape King, dismantle that Power Tool Dragon! Go, Cursed Flare!"

"I got a little surprise for you!" Leo countered quickly. "By sending Break Draw to my graveyard, my dragon can avoid your attack."

"Maybe so, but your life points are another story."

Leo protected his face from the attack the best he could. Even so, he still took heavy damage.

Leo: 2500

Devack: 2500

Leo looked up and realized he'd absorbed the smallest hit from the attack. His dragon had stood in front of him.

"Whoa, Power Tool Dragon is shielding me from Devack's dark energy. He's totally protecting me!"

"That was close," Trudge remarked.

"Too close," Yusei intoned.

"Very close." Clarice nodded.

"Aw man! I wish my sister was here." Leo admitted himself. "Hey big guy, you okay?" Leo acknowledged his dragon. It nodded its head once.

"Your monsters can't protect you forever, boy," Devack said. "And these two facedowns are going to prove it to you."