Chapter 44: Mark of the Monkey - Part 2

Leo breathed heavily after the attack. No matter what he had said, he wasn't ready for real-life damage. And it hurt. A lot.

"Ready, boy?" Devack taunted. "It's your move."

Leo: 3200

Devack: 4000

"It's finally Leo's turn... but I'm worried he doesn't look good," Yusei noticed.

"He's a tough kid," Trudge said. "He can handle whatever Devack throws his way."

"You better have a nice empty stomach if you're right." Clarice commented.

"Interesting! Did you hear your friends? They seem to believe that you can handle more punishment. Do you care to test that theory, young Leo?" Devack simpered.

"Well, to be honest I hate tests, but if it means keeping my sister safe, then what's the first question pal? 'Cuz my deck's full of answers!" He drew his card.

'Although a cheat sheet might come in handy, cuz as long as Devack has Magician Ape on his field he can take control of any monster I summon! But maybe that's what I should let him do..'.

"I summon my Morphtronic Magnen Bar in defense mode! And now I'll end my turn with a facedown!"

"It looks like your going to fail." Devack smirk.

'No I'm not, I promise Luna.'

"It's my move, boy, and I'll use Magician Ape's special ability. Now by sending one of my cards to the graveyard, your monster becomes my property.

"Morphtronic Magnen Bar, join the dark shadows!" The Dark Signer commanded as his ape's staff took control of the magnet.

"What's he doing? At this rate the guy's gonna take the kid's whole deck," Trudge grumbled.

"Not yet." Clarice claims.

"Alright! You fell for it!" Leo grinned. "Now you can't attack because your Magnen Bar is in defense mode!"

"Shame, I'm afraid it won't make a difference," Devack smirked. "I sacrifice your Magnen Bar in order to summon my Fighter Ape."

(Fighter Ape: Atk: 1900 Def: 1200)

"Since you're defenseless, Fighter Ape can attack you directly!"

"I play my facedown, Remake Puzzle!" Leo countered. "Now if I destroy a Morphtronic monster, even if you control it, your attack ends automatically. And there's more! Now I get to summon another Morphtronic monster from my graveyard to make up for the one I just sacrificed. And I choose Morphtronic Magnen Bar!"

"All you've done is prolong your misery, boy," Devack sighed, rolling his eyes. "You don't really think you'll win, do you? You can't defeat me, and then when I'm through with you, I'm coming after your sister next!"

Leo's face contorted with the furrowing of his brows. His fists clenched hard enough to make his knuckles lose color. "Stay away from my sister!"

/

"Look, there must be a shadow duel there," Mina pointed out. The car stopped and both she and Akiza stared at the monkey geoglyph in the sky.

"You're right Mina, but there's something different about this one. For some reason my dragon sign's not glowing."

Mina frowned. "Does that mean that Luna isn't dueling?"