Chapter 50: A Score to Settle - Part 1

"All right, another light show, we get it. We're almost there, let's get a move on," Trudge said gruffly.

"Lights and water," Asben winked at the twins' matching grins.

Trudge honked his horn. The others jumped. "Hello? Next Dark Signer fight?"

Kyouwa raised an eyebrow at the officer. "Wow Trudge, if you're so eager, maybe you should duel Kalin instead?"

The twins broke into giggles at Trudge turning pink. Mouth opening and closing like a fish. Clarice huff her snicker behind her hand.

"Let's go," Yusei lowered his visor and lead the way.

Soon the Giant's tower came into view. Trudge, the Brotherhood and the twins turned to view the duel from a nearby highway. Yusei and Clarice approached the tower. Yusei approached the tower alone. He noticed Kalin at the tower's base when he came close enough to see that distance.

Kalin smirked and revved his runner's engine. "Good to see you old friend." He drove straight forward, aiming directly at Yusei. At the very last second, they turned and stopped to stare each other down. "Thanks for stopping by!"

Yusei's eyes narrowed. He and Kyouwa came to a stop. "My pleasure."

"I see that you got your duel runner up and running again. I was afraid that you weren't gonna give me the opportunity to settle the score.....After you sold me out. Oh, and you brought your girlfriend! Gonna give her a front row seat to me settling the score, traitor?"

Clarice hissed at Kalin. "I ain't his girlfriend....yet."

Kyouwa sighs by her answer. "My baby sister is in such denial again."

"You've got it all wrong. I'm no the traitor." Yusei said with a misunderstanding.

Kalin laughed. "Well, you certainly had me fooled. Now let's settle this once and for all! Let's get things started..." Kalin grinned and threw off his cape. He reached his right hand up into the air, allowing his Giant Dark signer mark to glow.

Purple fire erupted from the ground, surrounding the two duelists who glared at each other. The Giant geoglyph also loomed in the sky, displaying to all that the duel had begun.

Clarice and Yusei's markings glowed. As did Luna's back on the highway behind them.

"You should wait with the others, Clar," Yusei said softly. He'd raised his visor and risen from his runner. Making sure she wasn't going to topple over without touching her. His left wrist had a slight ache to it, but nothing as distracting as Clarice's aversion to the Dark Signer's power.

"And if you ask for help?"

"Then you'll be the first to know, remember?" He smiled, tapping the side of his helmet with his finger.

"Uh huh...." Clarice frowns. Glancing at Kalin.

Yusei reached for her hand to reassure her. "I'll be okay. I promise."

Clarice was hesitate and wrap her arms around his waist. Holding on a bit tighter than usual. His shirt and jacket bunched in her iron grip.

Oblivious to Yusei's face turning as red as his helmet, she whispered; "I will not forgive you once you come back to us. Do not lose."

He returned her hug. Taking her hand when she pulled away to place a kiss on her knuckles. He was still afraid of Kalin and his Dark Signer power, but the thought of never being able to do this with Clarice again was far more unbearable.

"I will."

Kalin rolled his eyes. "Some time tonight, please?"

"Good luck, Yusei." Kyouwa said and motion Clarice to hop on his runner and drove off to join the others.