Chapter 54: Embrace the Feeling

In the Netherworld, the souls continues to gather around Yusei until a voice tells them that Yusei is innocent in the involvement of their death and they must release him. The souls does what the voice told them to do and disappears. Yusei then sees a in the light whom tells him that it's too soon for him to be here. Yusei wonders who this figure is and is then blinded by the light.

At the Dark Signers lair, Kyouwa, Niro, Asben, Crow, Trudge, Leo, and Luna look at the Ener-D, where Yusei has fallen into.

Yusei is suspended in midair in the darkness of the Netherworld when he sees a light. He questions the light that seems to be calling him.

Yusei begins walking and finds himself near a river. A light figure appears and tells him that that Yusei doesn't belong to this world just yet. Yusei asks the figure if he's the one who guided Yusei the way and Yusei calls the figure father. The figure takes the form of Dr. Fudo and Yusei knew the figure was his father.

Dr. Fudo apologizes to his son, hoping that his Yusei can forgive him for burdening him with such an outrageous destiny. Dr. Fudo begins to fade and Yusei begs him to wait. Professor Fudo tells his son that destiny can and will be changed as he continues to fade.

Yusei continues to pursue his father, calling out to him. Dr. Fudo tells Yusei that they are people who are truly waiting for him down the path he'll proceed. Yusei keeps begging his father to stay but he fades away.

Clarice and everyone suddenly see a light coming out from the Ener-D and notice Yusei floating within the light. The light disappears and Yusei begins to float down slowly to his friends.

He was allowed ten seconds to recuperate before Niro's combat boots hit him home run. Yusei went down on all fours, coughing and clutching at his injured stomach.

Niro took a deep breath to go on a tirade. Crow and Asben quickly covered the twins' ears.

"That was for being a stupid you mothersucking piece of shit. Next time do your god damn job! I can't turn even keep count on you or Clarith for even a few seconds!"

"I'll...remember...that...next...time..." Yusei wheezed. He coughed again and stood up gingerly. "Are we all here?"

"Yeah." Luna nodded.

"Yippie for you." Clarice grunts.

"Clarice...." Yusei  spoke quietly. He started to move towards her.

Niro shoved him by the face out of the way. "Wow there lover boy! The Prince of the Sky gives her a lecture." He jabs his thumb at you. "You went to overdrive Dragapoo! Shame on you! Shame!"

"Nice to see you haven't given me a good complement." Clarice rolled her eyes. "What about huh? You left me to deal with Turbo Boy all by myself."

Niro begins to stutter and lost for words, knowing that she's right.

Crow clapped his hands together once, satisfied. "So since we're all together again, should we head for the top of this thing? This place still gives me the creeps."

"Baby Dragon, are you gonna be alright standing on your own?" Asben addressed his sister.

"I can handle this." Clarice waved away her brother's concern.

"Alright, let get moving people! Spit spot!" Niro and Asben cheerfully took the lead up the long flight of stairs.

As soon as they were out of earshot, Clarice dropped to a sitting position. Her knuckles had been white as they had gripped the railing. Her skin was red and highly injured. It was a wonder she had managed to stay standing so long.