Chapter 36: A Sky Full of Stars

Nobody made a sound in the hallway. Most stared vacantly, wrapped in blankets Martha had provided. Niro was one of the few examining the stitching in his suit for the millionth time. Crow had taken to pacing.

Asben on the other hand was focus on his sister who stop playing the ocarina after crying.

"Please be okay, Yusei..." Rally whispered, eyes closed and fingers crossed as if he were trying to pull off a difficult feat of spell-casting.

Then the door opened, and everyone was on their feet. Martha, Doctor Schmidt, and Kyouwa walked out, the previous two removing their gloves and masks.

"Tell us, doc, how's he doing?" Crow demanded, clenching his fists.

"It looks like he'll make a complete recovery," Martha said with a smile.

"He'll need a few more days of rest in bed, but he'll be just fine. Just keep him from underground duels for a while, okay?" Schmidt added.

Rally let out a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding.

"So, what now?" Nervin questioned, appealing to the others for answers.

Crow punched his fist into his palm. "Now we find that Dark Signer and make him pay!" After hours of not doing anything, he was energized to get something done.

Then all of a sudden Rally, Nervin, Blitz and Tank sneezed.

"What's wrong?" Crow asked.

"Walking all night without any clothes." Rally said. "I think we all caught a cold.

"Oh, yeah!" Niro chimed. "While were saving Skunk-Crab's ride they throw there clothes to a bunch of punks and then I was doing all the street fight. Battling them and stack them up  on a hill top while I was doing my dramatic pose!"

ASben glared. "Well you didn't have to charge in all at once! You broke their toe nails, the arm joints, and prickle them with glass bottles!" he remind him.  "Luckily Blister came in on time to stop you red handed."

"He really did that?" Crow cringed and Kyouwa and Asben nodded.

 Martha signed. "Just perfect, I''l make some soup." Martha's kind brown eyes burrowed into Crow's grey eyes with a motherly ferocity he couldn't protest. "And once your all done, you're all going to bed this instant. Crow, you're in your old room, and Niro, Asben, Kyouwa can have the room across from him. Rally, Nervin, Tank, and Blitz follow me to get situated."

"Roger that," Asben saluted through a yawn.

In addition to extra linens for her many new guests, Martha thrust a towel into Kyouwa's arms. "Go clean up your sister, she's going to need more bandages first. She''ll feel better after a good soak." she added when Kyouwa went to find Clarice.

Crow decided to tag along with him since there are thing that theses guys need to catch up on for the last three years.

They both found Clarice who stopped crying and her eyes were red from tears.

Crow has never seen Clarice broke down before, jugging by how her appearances she was a lot different than her blue dress.

Her hair grew much neat and long though, though he could tell she have change from shyness to coldness no doubt.

Jack really hurt her with just a simple stab through the heart.

"So, Clarice wanna hit the hay?" Crow broke  the atmosphere as Kyouwa help her get clean.

No response from her and look away in shame.

"Not much of a talker huh? Okay, well everyone slept so you should too."