Chapter 49: A Whale of a Ride - Part 3

Crow: 2600

Greiger: 1800

"That's quite the ship, Greiger. Heh! It's just too bad I'm going to have to sink it-and all your lifepoints," Crow said, playing it cool as he stared down Greiger's powerful monster.

"Oh, please," Greiger scoffed. "You're not going to be sinking anything of mine, Crow.

"See, with the power of my Dark Sea Rescue I can add a couple of reinforcements to my deck. And speaking of reinforcements...I activate Dark Flat Top's special ability, which lets me bring back Flying Fortress Skyfire from my graveyard once per turn!"

"Aw, man!" Crow complained. "But I already took that thing out once this match!"

"Welcome back, Flying Fortress Skyfire!"

"Nice moves. But that hunk of junk is about to get grounded Greiger." said Crow.

"And how do you plan to that with onlywith only one monster left  on the field? You see, by sending one card to the graveyard I can activate Skyfire's special ability, which allows me to destroy your Blackwing Armor Master!"

Greiger pointed dramatically, watching Skyfire shoot Armor Master down.

"And with him out of the way, I can now set my sights on the only monster that you have left. Looks like the only one being grounded this match is you!"

Skyfire's attack hit cleanly, obliterating Crow's monster and sending him spinning. Fish gasped as Crow crashed and fell. His lifepoints were greatly depleted and he was terribly banged up. Bruises already starting to form in gnarly purple on his arms.

Crow: 900

Greiger: 1800

"Crow!" Clarice shouted.

"Oh no." Yusei wince.

"Don't even bother trying to get back up. I'm afraid your runner's down for the count, and so are you!" Greiger sneered down his nose.

"CRow!" Yusei was about to get off his runner until Crow stood up painfully.

"Stay back." he rasped. "If you or K interfere, I'll lose. And losing isn't an option." Yusei gasp.

"Well from the way things look up here, neither is winning."

Crow ignored Greiger and bent down for the controls. "You wish Greiger."  he grunted as he righted his runner. "You're not gonna to get rid of me that easily... I got too much...too-'' he stumble a bit. "To fight for. I owe it to the kids. And that means you're going to pay!"

"Well I like to see you try and collect." Greiger  scoffed.

"But you're runner..." Yusei pointed his messed up Duel Runner.

"It's going to be just find Yusei." Crow assured him and fix some adjustments. "It might be down." and then his ride start working again. "But it's not out."

"how touching CRow, but I would've stayed down if I were you," Greiger said, his tone harsh.

"Well, lucky for my friends you're not me, Greigor."

Crow smiled up at Kyouwa, Clarice and Yusei Hopefully his nod reassured them  that he was okay. "Shall we?" He mounted his runner and sped off again.

"Yes, we shall," Greiger took off behind him. "I place one card facedown. Your move!"

Yusei and Kyouwa followed close behind. Bruises were easier than bloody cuts, but still... If it hurt this much just to see Crow banged up, how were they supposed to get through the night?