Chapter 33: Dark Signs- Part 2

"What's going on?" Yusei asked.

First the purple fires, the scary lights, and an old friend? A friend that was supposed to be dead? This was going from bad to worse. Sweat beaded at Yusei's brow.

'This is worse than I ever imagined.'

"What's going on is that you're going down," Kalin answered, grinning maliciously. "I'll pummel you into the shadowy depths of the Netherworld!"

"The Dark Signers got to you."

"No, I'm not some puppet. I'm one of the guys holding the strings. This right here is the real deal!"

Yusei's eyes went in disbelief

"Not like the mark on that drone you dueled back in Domino City. He was just a pawn in our little game. We caught him and others like him in our web, so to speak."

"So you're a dark Singer!" Yusei realized. "This is what Goodwin was talking about."

The van drew nearer to the glowing light. Kyouwa stood halfway out the door, his hair blowing in the wind, heedless of the possibility of falling to his death. "That mark in the sky... it can't be!"

"Pilot, take us down lower!" Jack commanded.

The pilot did as he was told and the copter sped downward, right across Crow's path. The boys saw each other instantly.

'Jack?'

'Crow?'

The copter kept flying on. The surroundings were slightly more visible now.

"Who's that down there with Yusei? Why are we stopping here? Go lower!" Jack demanded.

"There's some kinda weird energy field down there. My instruments are going haywire!" the pilot reported, hands wrestling with the controls.

"Energy field?" Mina shouted at him over the roar of the helicopter blades. "What's causing it?"

"I said take us lower!"

"Jack, uh... that's probably not safe," Carly told him.

"Who do you work for?" Jack fired at the pilot angrily, ignoring Carly. "Lower!"

Begrudgingly the pilot obeyed. The turbulence increased exponentially on the little aircraft.

"I'm losing control! I can't hold her steady! Brace yourselves!" The pilot yelled as the helicopter fell further and further.

"Come on, pull up, pull up! There you go."

The pilot managed to level out the flight pattern.

/

The Saber team parked somewhere on the hill top once everyone got out they could see Jack's Helicopter near Yusei.

"Am I seeing Jacky-boy up there." Niro squinted his eye's in the dark.

 Clarice wasn't paying attention to him but gaze far enough to see Yusei and..."Kallen?"

Kyouwa heard her including Asben and shock and to see who it is far away.