Chapter 26: The Fortune Cup Finale - Part 1

After much begging, wheedling, groveling, and bribery, the MC-now down two hundred bucks and countless dignity points-managed to regain his status at the mike.

"Ladies and gentlemen, one of the most intense duels we've seen so far has roared to a close! Yusei has defeated the Flame-Wing and emerged as the winner! Now he faces off against Jack Atlas in the Fortune Cup Finale!"

"Can it really be?" Yanagi cried up in the stands. The group was staring at Luna's glowing arm. "Luna, you're a Signer!"

"She's a what?" Leo asked.

Clarice passed out after all the force of destruction she cause as she slept on Yusei's chest. Yusei on the other hand was caressing his fingers in her hair while he still cradle her in his arms.

...Surprisingly distracting, but not as distracting as he stop his tracks when he felt his arm burning.

"Huh?" Yusei pulled his arm back and rolled his sleeve up. The tail of the dragon glowed brightly, and, instead of vanishing, stopped glowing and remained on his arm. "Okay, this is new. Last time this mark vanished. But what about her?"

Frowning slightly Yusei rolled her sleeve up. His eyes widened. There were marks on the front and a scorch pattern curling up her arms. "Whoa... What's going on?" he breathed.

Well now everything is starting to come together, but there's a slight concern to Yusei that he can's just leave Clarice here, plus there's no sign of one of her companions taking her.

If that's the case, then it could be Yusei's chance to take her with him.

So his mind is set....

Piggy ride and bring her along with him....

"So now you know who four of the five signers are," Jack said.

"That's right," Goodwin confirmed. "So when you duel Yusei be sure to push him to his limits. Because the power your duel generates will reveal the fifth signer and unite you all..."

"Guys!" Yusei ran up to Tanner, Yanagi and the kids while carrying Clarice on the back of his shoulder. "Listen, you have to get Luna out of here. And Take Clarice with you."

"Yusei! Luna's got a mark! She's a Signer like you!" Yanagi cried.

"That's why you need to get them out of here. Like now." YUsei urged. "I'm thinking it's dangerous for us signers and Clarice to be near each other." Yusei turn over his shoulder nudging where Clarice ruins some seats and makes kids cry. "Look at what happen during my last duel with Clarice."

"Yusei, do you know what's going on here?" Luna asked.

"I'll tell you after I see Goodwin," Yusei said with a nod. "For now, take Clarice and head towards Blister's place and don't stop for anyone!"

He took Clarice off his back, and handed to Tanner. Yusei sprinted back down the stairs heading to Goodwin and Jack.

"I'm sure everything's gonna be okay," Yanagi assured  the twins. "We had better do what he says, kids. Follow me and stay close behind."

The group of six stood up while bringing along Clarice who is carried by Tanner and headed for the exits. As they were turning around the corner to leave through the front door, a posse of suited men blocked their path.

"Stop right there," one of the suits said.

Lazar stepped up. A satisfied smirk adorned his unattractive features. "You weren't planning to leave now, were you?"