Chapter 48: A Whale of a Ride - Part 2

"It's another shadow duel." Clarice stated holding onto Yusei as they ride in the city to serch for another Dark Signer dueling someone.

"Yeah, but the real question is who is fighting?" Yusei asked.

"Well whoever this person is, they are really in a tough spot in a stupid stunt they pulled."

Yusei nodded. "You guys stay back while Clarice and I check things out! It's too dangerous!"

"No way!" Trudge protested. 

"We can't leave you guys!" Luna said. "What if something happens? We don't even know who this new Signer is! And what if they have another Earthbound Immortal?"

"Yeah!" Leo agrees. "I thought we were like The Three Musketeers and Clarice is the damsel princess! Not the Lone Ranger! We won't let you guys go solo!"

"I maybe a princess and all, but I am not damsel!" Clarice glared. "I can fight stupid people with one kick and their out!"

"Look we'll go on ahead and scout out the duel!" Yusei chimes in. "Check you guys later."

Yusei rev up his runner and made a jump as Clarice shut her eyes bracing herself while tightly hugged Yusei by the waist as the others were taken by surprised by his stunt he pulled.

Yusei landed in the purple field just fine while Clarice shivers from a little bump in the back of the seat. 

"Damnit! Don't ever pull that stunt, Turbo Boy!" She scolded.

"But we still got it after you landed on your butt." Yusei teased. "Besides one day you'll get your own ride and see how fun driving a Duel runner is."

"Not a chance!" She spat furiously. "I rather stick to running like a cheetah than driving any crazy transportation!"

"Suit yourself!" Yusei shrugged. "You might thank me one day."

"I will certainly will not!"

"Will too!" he argue back. "But we'll argue later. Time to see who is throwing down this duel!"

///

Thinking and acting quickly, Crow engaged his wings and used them to right himself. He'd narrowly avoided a nasty wipeout. Kyouwa sighs in relief that he survives.

"Hope your flight isn't too scary!"  Greiger taunted. "But then  again why wouldn't be since you a better pilot than duelist. Too bad those skills won't help you out maneuver my next attack!"

"I'm coming at you with everything I got! So prepare yourself Greiger! 'Cause this birds got's some claws!" Crow draws a card. " First off I'll be activating my Speed Spell Angel Baton, and as long as I have two speed counters I get to draw two cards. Now let's see what I have in store for you! It's not looking good, Greiger. I discard one card and summon my Blackwing Mistral the Silver Shield in defense mode!"

(Blackwing Mistral the Silver Shield: Atk: 100 Def: 1800)

The new Blackwing had silver armor. Its eyes narrowed and its sharp talons flashed, ready for a fight.

"And since I already have a Blackwing on my field, I can now summon out Blackwing Bora the Spear! And these birds of prey are about to pounce on you."

"Bring it on. I'll bring both those birds down  to earth," Greiger bragged.

"Are you two going to duel, or just throw cheesy puns back and forth?" Kyouwa called over the motors.

Crow laughed. "Not if I end the shadow duel now! Blackwing Bora, take apart his Wifi!"

Crow's bird dove for the Reactor, slicing clean through it. Damage from the attack rained down around Greiger, forcing him to maneuver away from potential damage to his physical body.