Chapter 18: Return to the Spirit World

Those in the stands watched Yusei and Hunter Paste cheered for Yusei's victory.

"Yusei beat Hunter!" Yanagi exclaimed.

"Yeah looks like he's moving on to the semi-final." Tanner agrees.

"Oh man, I wish I could be down there and duel him." Dexter  once his friends had returned backstage.

"He's good, but Yusei learned his best moves from yours truly!" Leo bragged.

"Oh? And where were those moves when you lost in the first round?" Luna bluntly reminded him.

Slightly depressed Leo scowled and hung his head. A new thought occurred to him, and, smirking, he raised his head. "Wait; I was playing as you! Which means that you lost! As far as the millions of people watching, I didn't lose a thing!"

Luna glowered at her brother and pounded on his back as Rua laughed at her. "That's the last time you duel as me!"

"We have a special announcement!"

Curious, the twins stopped fighting to listen. For once the MC had something worthwhile to say. "Yes, the rumors you heard are true! Listen up, first-round losers! Don't head for the exits just yet! Rex Goodwin, our master of ceremonies, has set up a losers' bracket for the first round! That means if you lost, grab your deck, because you might get a second chance to duel again!"

Images of  Leo, the Professor, Sir Ransborg and Hunter flashed in front of the crowd.

"All right! My Fortune Cup's not over yet!" Leo cheered.

"Um, technically," Dexter started.

"Save your 'technically' for the blogs, Dex."

"Uh, what Dex means is my name is up there," Luna recollected for her brother.

Meanwhile Yusei came back from his duel as his look up to where Goodwin watching up there. 'What  are you up to Goodwin? You not the type who gives second chances, unless you're going to get something out of it.' Yusei kept his suspicions before he left with his helmet in his arms.

Back to Leo who is humming to himself while looking at his deck. "Now just you watch. I'm going to win for certain this time Luna!" He boasted himself while chuckling. "Um, I need your hair braids though, okay?"

"Get your own." Luna remind him.

"Come on, Luna." Leo persisted. And suddenly the light went off.

"Now, take your seats! We're about to give two of these duelists another opportunity! First, we drew very lucky players, and I assure you it was random, okay? And first up is...everyone's favorite green-haired girl! She's fast, she's feisty, and she has to be home before her bedtime! Give it up for the next generation of dueling superstars, ladies and gentlemen I present to you, Ms. Luna!"

Leo grinned, obviously expecting to be mistaken as his sister. Sadly for him, tournament officials appealed to the real Luna.

Back between Yusei or Clarice's lounge, both of them are surprised Luna is dueling a second chance but not Leo.

"Luna is dueling?" Yusei is totally dumbfounded.

"I'm guessing they finally go the right kid for the match huh?" Grigor appear in the lockers. "You know by the end of the duel we had, I didn't think the boy was half bad and I can't wait to see his sister's got." Grigor smiled and walk away leaving Yusei alone with his thoughts.