Chapter 16: Battle with the Flame-Wing

Leo, now dressed as himself, walked down the hallway with Luna and Dexter beside him, trying to cheer him up. They met up with Yusei, who was leaning against a wall.

"Hey try and cheer up Leo. It's not like everyone saw you lose." Luna said.

"Yeah, she's right." Dexter agreed. "Fifteenth million tops."

"Thanks." Leo replied.

"It's only a loss if you don't learn anything from it." Yusei chimed in. "Now you know more than you did before right Leo?"

"Yeah, more about losing. I just can't wait to use that in my next-" Leo stop at mid sentence as the three and including Yusei see the Dragon-Phoenix duelist came passing by walking into the hallway.

Clarice glare towards Yusei who crosses his arms, they both didn't take they're eyes off of each other as the three back away from her to enter  her first areana

"So what's her problem?" Leo asked staring at Clarice.

Luna and Dexter just shrugged at him while Yusei kept on staring at her retrieving figure.

/

"Sir Ransborg reporting as you requested, my liege," the knight said, awaiting orders from Goodwin. Beside him, Lazar giggled.

"I told you he'd be perfect for this duel. The costume might be a bit melodramatic, but he said he wouldn't duel without it."

Goodwin cast a sideways glance at Lazar. You're one to talk about costumes.

Sit Ransborg was still talking. "Is it true that I am to duel an opponent of thy female persuasion your highness? Chivalry forbids this; thy fair a species is too weak my lord."

"What if I told you that she was the Light of Cosmos that she possessed an... interesting ability?" Goodwin laced his fingers together. "It is believed that her cards are wield the power of purple cosmic fire so real that they have been known to come to life."

"I see! A devil!" The knight exclaimed.

"Are you afraid, Sir Ransborg? You know, if you don't fulfill your obligation, well you might just find yourself dueling at a Renaissance Faire," Lazar threatened.

"My word is my bond, I fear no creature! So I will engage this Light of Cosmos in battle and prevail!"

Lazar laughed wickedly. "Just don't go easy on her in the arena. Push her to exhaustion. We must see if she has the the true birthmark of the Dragon-Phoenix . We must know if she can truly lead us to power...and if there really is a connection to the Crimson Dragon."

"Fear not! Thy she-demon is no match for Sir GIL DE Ransborg!" the knight pulls out his sword. "On my sword, I swear the Light of Cosmos will taste defeat."