Chapter 25: Duel of the Dragons & Dragon-Phoenix Part 2

Yusei: 1500

Clarice: 4000

Clarice drew her next card. "Time to get serious! I activate Marin of Blessing. This increase Twilight Flare Wing Knight's attack and destroy your Shield Warrior. Wing Knight attack once again!" The blazing Knight  dangerously and dived for Yusei's monster. He gritted his teeth and let Clarice's monster pass through him.

"He won't stop there! You take 300 points of damage!" and with that Her knight slash Yusei in the back cutting his back. Making Yusei grunt in pain.

Yusei: 1200

Clarice: 4000

"Clarice please! You have to stop!" Yusei pleaded.

Clarice gritted her teeth. "Stop what? Finishing off this duel? I told you I don't show mercy!" her monster was about to attack Yusei again.

"Then I play my Trap: Card Defense! So by removing one the cards in my hands, my traps effect cancels your direct attack" all cards surrounded Yusei as Clarice's monster got deflected. "And it allows me to draw a new card to replace it!"

"It's gonna take more than just replacing cards Fudo!" she retorted.

"Clarice, you have to listen. You can't keep dueling with this anger."

Clarice refused to listen to him.  "If I hear another word about not taking my rage on Jack, you can shove your excuse.  I don't' want hear it and I will never want to be save by you!"

"We'll see!" Yusei drew his card. "I summon Junk Synchron, and to his special ability, I get to summon another monster from my graveyard, so say hello to Speed Warrior! And now  I tune my Junk Synchron with my speed Warrior to Synchro Summon; Junk Warrior! Let's rev it up!" The familiar purple junk monster dominated the field.

(Junk Warrior: Atk: 2300 Def: 1300)

"Next I'm going activate the equip spell; Junk Mirage! Which gives My Warrior a power boost! Alright pal! Now attack Twilight Flare Wing Knight!"

Clarice gritted her teeth. She refused to wince as her lifepoints dropped.

Yusei: 1200

Clarice: 3900

"And now the effect of Junk Mirage activates! So soon as my Warrior destroyed your wild fire, you loose life point for each of Twilight Flare Wing Knight's attack points!" Junk Warrior blasted Clarice as she dealt damage.

Yusei: 1200

Clarice: 2800

"Looks like your up." Yusei said.

/

"It seems Sayer kept his word, Director Goodwin," Lazar said.

"Perhaps we won't have to interfere any more if this plan pans out," Goodwin nodded, folding his arms behind his back at the windows.

Jack narrowed his eyes. 'They keep manipulating these duels...as much as I want to duel Yusei, this just feels wrong.'

///

 "I'll show you to fight fire with fire!" Clarice draws a card. "And I'll be summoning Flame-Wing Scarlet Queen in defense mode. You probably can guess it's ability just from anything. A level 3 that adds to level 5. So I special summoned Flaming Wind Walker."