Chapter 46: Mark of the Monkey - Part 4

Leo: 2000

Devack: 2500

"After I send you to the Netherworld, Leo, your sister's next," Devack threatened.

"That's only if you can beat me!" Leo responded, sounding confident. "And in case that Dark Signer or brain of yours doesn't  work too well, I'll remind you that I get a random Equip Spell thanks to my dragon."

He drew his card and peeked slowly. "Yes! It's time I take the leash off my dragon, Devack!" Leo declared. Power Tool switched into attack mode. 

"Now if you thought he was tough before, wait till you see the upgrade that I give his new hardware! First off I add the equip spell Double Tool C & D. So not only are we going full pneumatic, but I get to add another thousand attack points to my beast."

"All those power tools and no safety goggles," Devack taunted. "You should be a little bit more careful. Especially since all you've done is match the attack points of Z-man the Ape King."

"That's what I was hoping for!" Leo grinned widely spinning his arm. "Now attack and give this Ape King the royal treatment!"

//

At the exact same moment Power Tool Dragon's attack hit Z-Man in the physical world, Regulus's attack hit Z-Man in the Spirit World.

Luna and Torunka watched the attacks connect.

Regulus growled fiercely, "Ancient Fairy Dragon, I release you from your prison! The dark curse is broken!"

/

"What a wasted effort," Devack sounded bored. Then he realized. "Unless..."

"That's right! You forgot my dragon has a little bonus when he's equipped: he can't be destroyed!"

/

Blinding white light erupted from both attacks. Any monkey soldiers caught in the blast were instantly destroyed.

"You may have destroyed me Regulas" Z-Man admitted. "But not before I transfer the power of the Minus curse to the Dark Signer Devack!"

/

Both Z-Man's were instantly destroyed.

Leo cheered. "I'll just toss that Double Tool C & D and Power Tool Dragon gets to hang around for a little R-and-R."

"Nice move," Trudge smiled. "Now that Devack's gone and lost his little monkey-"

"Leo's got himself into even more trouble," Yusei finished bleakly.

Devack laughed.

"So you  think that's funny huh?" Leo mocks.

An ominous sound for his empty field. "Yes, I do. I always find it amusing when a young duelist walks so willingly into one of my traps. And with the power of my Dark Matter, these two monsters will be escorting you straight to the Netherworld."

"While you're playing around with your gang of gorillas, I'm gonna equip my dragon with a power convertor. You're up!"

"It's my turn, Leo," Devack grinned wickedly. "I draw... and it looks like thanks are in order for enabling me to summon two monsters to the field last round."

"Why's that?"

"You see, I need two sacrifices to summon out my Earthbound Immortal!" Devack's grin widened.