Chapter 55: Truth and Consequences - Part 1

"I've dueled Misty before," Akiza spoke solemnly. She and Mina had almost made it to the last Dark Signer. "She is not my biggest fan."

"What exactly happened to her brother?" Mina asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't even know who he is."

"Maybe she's got you confused  with someone else."

"No," Akiza shook her head with a sigh. "It's definitely me she's after. As for her brother, I don't know what I did, but I can't worry about it. All that matters is defeating Misty and sealing that control tower."

Mina parked in front of an eerie, run down amusement park. Both women unbuckled and exited the car.

"She's gotta be in there somewhere," Mina reasoned. "Let's split up."

"If purple fire starts to surround you, you should, ya know, run," Akiza advised, offering a weak smile.

"Right..."

Akiza wandered into the park, duel disk at the ready. Mina chose right and Akiza took left. She ignored the filthy duel monster statues. Their eyes seemed to follow her every move.

//

Clarice and the Saber-team dismounted their rides.

"Looks like they made it." Asben points Akiza's ride.

"What if they dueled already and Akiza lost?" Leo asked.

"Leo!" Luna scolded him.

"Come on, let's go find our friends." YUsei  motions.

"Try not to get distracted, this is a fun house full of mischief." Clarice walked into the park first.

"The only idea you've had all day." Niro smirked at Yusei. "By the way, what Clarith means is 'don't follow me.'"

Yusei glared at him. "Yeah, I got that." He sighed and entered the park. The others trailed in behind him.

//

Mina frowned irately at the carnage around her. "Run down carnivals are not right. They're so creepy when they're empty." She stopped by the rusty slides.

"You can say that again."

"Who said that?!" Mina jumped.

" I didn't mean to startle you." A man emerged from the shadows. A hat and sunglasses obscured his face, but he wore an official New Domino City trench coat. "I work for Director Goodwin. There's no time for me to explain things here, but I need you to come with me."

"Who are you?"

Meanwhile, Trudge, Leo and Luna continues to search for Akiza and Mina. Akiza continues to walk towards the tower while, unknown to her, a lizard is spying on her.

Misty senses that Akiza has finally arrived.

The doors to the hall of mirrors opened of their own accord. Akiza caught sight of Misty in several of the broken mirrors.

"Hey!" Akiza gasped and ran inside the hall without thinking. The doors slammed behind her, locking Akiza in.

"Don't bother trying to leave," Misty's voice sneered. "I've been waiting for you, Black Rose. Welcome to my hall of mirrors," Misty's face appeared on the mirror across from Akiza. "I was hoping we could reflect on the past."

Misty's face appear on all of the hall's mirrors and started laughing.

//

Outside, Yusei continues to search for Akiza.