one: flame hashira, kyojuro rengoku

-♡-

"GOOD MORNING, STARSHINE!"

mitsuri throws the curtains over, revealing the blazing morning sun. it sheds it's powerful yellow light over the face of a sleeping young girl that remains curled up in her futon. her pink to periwinkle hair is a mess all over the bed and her short stature is curled up so small, someone might mistake her for a very young child.

regardless of kanroji shining the sun's light on her younger sister, the shorter girl doesn't budge. rather, she remains slowly breathing in her sleep under the futon cover.

"amata! get up! get up!"

mitsuri begins pushing all over the girl's body, attempting to discomfort the girl to the point of awaking her.

she still sleeps.

"amaterasu kanroji! get up right this minute!"

amata finally brings her eyes to open, internally frightened by the furious gaze of the hashira before her. she only sits up slowly and tiredly brings her eyes to gaze at the green-eyed woman.

she wipes her amber eyes once more looking back up.

"huh?"

amata spends about 80% of her life in a tired state such as this. a state where, as seen before, she can fall asleep in the middle of a sentence and she talks extremely slow.

however, if the thirteen year old is allowed to sleep without any interruption until she awakes on her own, she is exactly like her older sister- bubbly, energetic, and extremely lovey.

"let's go make breakfast!"

-♡-

mitsuri excitedly bounds over to the door, swinging it wide open before smiling happily at the flame hashira at her door.

"kyojuro-san!"

she happily hugs him, hearing the sound of his hearty laughter before he picks her off the ground to hug her tight. she squeals before he drops her, and she invites him inside happily.

"she's right in here! we made plenty of udon for you! and enough for senjuro to have at home!" mitsuri squeals.

she slides open the door to the kitchen  ready to call for her sister to meet her knew instructor.

she shrieks in horror and claws at her face at the sight of amata asleep, her face halfway in the near-empty bowl of udon. her hair spills into it and drips with the juice, and her back is hunched over as she sleeps.

rengoku laughs. "she's quite the spirit, huh?!" he exclaims.

"amata!"

mitsuri instantly pulls her sister up and wipes her face, which seems to awake the smaller girl. she hums in confusion as she looks into the pale green eyes of her only sister.

"can i go back to bed?" she slurs lazily.

"your new mentor is here!" mitsuri whimpers in fear.