twenty-five: savior

-♡-

THE EXPLOSION AWOKE HIM.

he could hear it radiating through the air, even from two miles away. but the origin of it sent him into a panicked frenzy as he reached for his sword and lazily slipped on his shoes before he left the mist estate.

the idea of her being caught in it disturbed him. the idea of her house being demolished, her pets dying, her dying.

it was too much to bear as he ran, his black-to-blue hair flowing in the moonlight. he prayed as he ran, his mind buzzing and his heart racing.

the explosion still rang through his ears as he ran. the breeze carried the smell of the smoke, the blood, the demon.

-♡-

the demon runs at amata and she counters, her sword clashing with his. he cackles wildly, even as amata kicks his knee in a brings her sword to his head.

the shape-shifting was tricky. one minute, he was a tiny, nearly impossible to decapitate mouse, and the next he was a the size of a bear.

she got his head of twice. that wasn't the hard part.

the hard part was that he had to be in his natural form to die. she had figured that out when she removed his head when he was a cat.

in and out, he would become his natural form, but as soon as the blade was an inch within reach, he would transform. and reflexes, in this case, almost had no meaning. even if his new head was three feet lower than before, it didn't matter is amata knew how to bring her sword to that spot in half a second.

it mattered if she could bring her sword to his real head in a proper amount of time.

"this is fun!" he growls as he brings his fist to amata's head. instead she punches it to the side and brings her sword to his neck again, but he becomes a lizard before she can decapitate him.

"you know," he says as he transforms into a normal demon again. he swipes his leg to trip amata but she dodges with ease. "this makes me hungry."

and he turns invisible. amata screams as she jumps in front of ichika just in time for the demon to reappear in front of her again.

he screams as he brings his sword on her and amata clashes hers with it, using her strength to push him back. the cats lose their minds and the real franklin barks wildly in the front yard.

"watari, get out! go!"

watari leaps from a window and amata hears her untie franklin. the demon screeches with fury and attempts to run of the window, but amata stops him.

she tackles him and brings him to the ground, punching him repeatedly. he jumps up and amata brings her sword to his head yet again.

he kicks up the plank of wood she stands on, making her sword aim higher than expected.

however, he forgot about the far, ribbon end.

it begins to glide through his neck and he gasps in horror. amata smiles as it goes deeper and deeper by the millisecond.

it glides through his head and amata gasps as his head smiles.