thirty-eight: incomprable

-♡-

"TELL ME YOUR NAME, GIRL."

amata drops her smile as she turns back to kokushibo.

"amaterasu kanroji."

kokushibo nods.

"amaterasu... rather unique." he comments. "your speed was impressive. you saved muichiro from further harm, even when you yourself have been poisoned and slashed."

muichiro gasps as he looks at amata. he sees the bandage around her thigh, and the bulge of make-shift bandages beneath her haori. her mark proves that she has already had to endure a harsh battle.

"i can clearly see you love this boy very dearly." kokushibo states. amata stares at him, her eyes and heart full of hate.

muichiro rips his uniform sleeves as he begins to bandage the deep gash on his, using his teeth to pull it as tight as he can.

"caw! caw!"

the kasugai crow flies through the infinity mansion, relaying messages as it moves. all of the crows are wearing pieces of paper- a demon art provided by a man named yushiro- as they spread information to the slayers within the fortress.

"shinobu kocho has fallen to upper rank two! tanjiro kamado and giyu tomioka have defeated upper rank three! zenitsu agatsuma has defeated upper rank six! amaterasu kanroji has defeated upper rank five!"

amata's tears form. her heart pangs and her hands tremble in fear.

shinobu is dead.

kokushibo sighs. "of all, i expected akaza to last the longest." he says. he sees amata shaking in pain, prompting him to inquire about shinobu.

"how did you know her?" he asks. amata flinches and muichiro rises, carefully gripping his white sword. "a friend? perhaps your mentor? tell me, are you a tsuguko, or a hashira?"

amata looks at him as her tears fall.

"i was a tsuguko under the greatest flame hashira, kyojuro rengoku! under his elite training regime, he led me to my ultimate path to be a hashira." amata states.

"clearly, he was not strong enough." kokushibo blurts. "akaza slaughtered him. and the shinobu woman was weak as well. though, if douma ate her, she must have had some degree of beauty."

amata's anger worsens. muichiro harshly grips his sword, his left hand trembling from his forearm having been sliced.

amata rushes forward, followed by muichiro. each hashira attempts to land even one blow on kokushibo, but his demonic abilities allow him to dodge both attack in a blink.

he simultanously throws muichiro into a wall, and pins amata to a pillar, using his hand to harshly pin her chest. her feet dangle and she feels her lungs being constricted, and muichiro begins bleeding from the back of his head.

"you should become a demon." upper one suggests. "i see no reason that master muzan would not allow it. after all, you two are brilliant swordsmen, and demons that can use breaths are always useful."