ten: pet scandals

-♡-

"SHINAZUGAWA-SAN! I BROUGHT YOU THE BASKET YOU WANTED!"

amata patiently waits at the grand door of the elaborate wind estate, wielding a small, woven-bamboo basket that can hold only about five pounds worth of items.

however, sanemi still has yet to answer the door.

maybe he didn't hear me... he said he would for sure be here on saturday! and it is saturday!

she knocks slightly louder.

"shinazugawa-san! the basket?"

the door swings open, revealing a half-asleep and stupidly angry sanemi. his face is beat red, except for the dark bags under his eyes. his hair is unruly and his veins pop with rage.

"um..." amata stares at him in confusion.

"what are you doing here so early?!" sanemi snarls.

amata pouts. "shinazugawa-san, it's about three o' clock in the afternoon." amata slowly says.

sanemi's face drops.

"oh?" he leans his head furthur out the door, squinting at the bright sun in the three o' clock position.

"um..." he slowly turns to amata as she rocks back and forth on her feet, holding the small basket in both of her hands.

"do you... want... tea?"

amata nods slowly and sanemi lets the young girl in. she looks up to him and extends her small hands, gesturing the basket.

"thank you." he nods as he slowly takes it. amata nods triumphantly and looks around the dim estate. he seems to have above-average furniture and decor, but otherwise, it's just an average house.

"shinazugawa-san, why did you need such a small basket?" amata curiously asks.

"my pet." he gruffly replies.

amata's eyes light up. "ooh! what type of pet do you own? it must be something small, considering that's such a little basket. is it a small kitty-cat, or puppy? perhaps a bird?"

sanemi smirks as he enters the living room. he reaches into a small pen of sorts and opens his hand out to the girl.

the rhinoceros beetle twitches and amata screams.

"oh my goodness! i was expecting a-a mammal! or something that doesn't have an exoskeleton! something fluffy!" she cries.

"what do you mean? hiroto is adorable!" sanemi cackles. "wanna hold him?"

he holds hiroto out to her and amata screams once more.

"on second-second thought, i'll be leaving! please enjoy your basket! see you later! uh- buh-bye!"

"oh, c'mon! he only wants to cuddle!"

amata screams as sanemi chases her out of the house, waving the rhino beetle close to her. she screams until she's completely out of sight, making sanemi laugh loudly.