three: a strange pouch and no missions

-♡-

"CARE TO PURCHASE A TRAVEL BAG?"

amata pipes up at the sudden merchant that has popped in front of her. he wears a leather apron and his hands are very calloused from working all day. he has a large build and light scruff paired with black hair and brown eyes.

"how about you, young lady? care to purchase a travel bag?" he beckons.

amata bites her lip. she's only received payment for one mission so far, and it'a barely enough to buy her another three day's worth of food.

"sorry, sir." she shakes her head and attempts to go around the man, but he blocks her.

"please? just one! they are hand crafted from the finest leather western japan has to offer! i have all shapes, sizes, colors! i can custom make one if you wish! i have bags for months of traveling! pouches for carrying your food in!" he advertises. he quickly studies her body before reaching for one that he believed would suit the girl.

"you!" he points at her with a large finger. "your name?"

"a-amaterasu kanroji, sir." she awkwardly says.

"beautiful name, kanroji-san!" the man smiles. "this hear is a very small pouch, but it has a very important purpose. you can lay it on your hip, and it has exactly enough room to carry one whole meal in it! and here, on the side, there is a pouch to store your money!" he shows off the black pouch, pointing to every aspect as he details it.

amata finds it interesting as she brings her small hands to feel the finely made pouch. however, she attempts to decline again.

"i'm sorry. i don't know-"

"oh, but look at how beautiful it looks with you!" he compliments.

"oh!"

"and it never gets in the way! in fact, it keeps food as warm as when you first purchased it! and all you need to cleam it lest it gets dirty is warm water and soap!"

amata found that convienent and gave in.

"okay." she sighs. "how much?"

"fantastic! that'll be 3,000 yen."

amata's eyes widen in pure shock at the price. "t-tree thousand?!" that's almost all she has left!

"well, i am a small business. but, i assure you, it will last you forever!"

amata sighed and groaned internally as she paid the man the full price. she grabs the little pouch and straps it to her belt, exactly opposite to her katana.

"sqwuak!"

isamu dives down just as amata opens the pouch and he instantly sits in it, nuzzling himself in.

"oh- i was to use that for food..."

"caw! not anymore!"

amata chuckles at isamu and places the remainder of her money in the little side pocket as she continues to walk to her destination.