fifteen: happy, happy birthday!

-♡-

"OW! HE STEPPED ON MY DICK!"

"that's your foot, dumbass!" obanai retorts to uzui.

"shut it, short stack!" uzui smacks obanai in the back of his head and the shorter man groans loudly.

"shh! shh! she's coming!" rengoku whispers. everyone goes silent as the sounds of amata and mitsuri approaching the sound estate get louder.

"i'm excited!" amata squeals. "is senjuro-san there? i haven't seen him in so long!" amata asks.

"we'll have to see!" mitsuri sings out.

"i hope our family was able to make it." amata says.

the door opens, and makio flicks on the lights.

"surprise!"

amata smiles widely at the bodies of all of her family and hashira friends. suma comes running from the back and she nearly tackles amata.

"oh, amata-chan! you're so cute! look! look! we set all of this up for you!" she squeals. "tengen-sama and kyojuro-san were in charge of bringing your family here!"

amata hugs suma back before running to her mother. she hugs the black-haired beauty happily, listening to the woman's sigh of happiness.

"i missed you." amata says.

suddenly, another dark haired man- amata's father- approaches and joins in the hug.

"i'm so happy to see you." he hums.

"nee-san! look what we made!"

amata turns to her younger brothers, hiroshi and aiko, watching as they hold up a big metal structure.

"it's mecha-owl!"

one boy makes clicking noises and she others make train sounds as the boys run forward. a piece of metal lightly jabs amata in the stomach and she dramatically feigns a death, making the boys giggle.

"happy birthday!"

rengoku lifts amata up with ease and she laughs loudly as she hugs her mentor tightly. uzui then comes to join in on the hug, followed by mitsuri, and then a massive gyomei.

"we are proud of your recent progress, amaterasu-san." gyomei says.

amata laughs and the group hug is released, and she catches a quite head of flame in the back.

"senjuro-san!"

the boy lights up and amata smiles wildly as she runs to the boy, hugging him tightly as she picks him up. senjuro laughs and hugs amata back happily, excited to see her in good health.

"i missed you!" he laughs.

"i meant to visit, but i've just been so busy!" amata says as she sets him down. "your hair is longer!" she laughs.

"so is yours!"

amata smiles happily at senjuro before she sees makio and hinatsuru smile at her before pointing to someone else. amata turns slowly and softly gasps when she sees muichiro approaching her.