thirty-nine: he won't stop

-♡-

KOKUSHIBO UNLEASHES HIS NEXT ATTACK.

the three hashira present manage to dodge, noting that kokushibo can still further his attack, even without the swipe of a blade.

the hashira counterattack. sanemi clashes blades with kokushibo, reaching the demon first.

"i'm impressed." kokushibo calmly says as he knocks sanemi to the side. muichiro reaches kokushibo second and manages to knock the boy aside as well after their blades meet as well.

amata now runs forward. kokushibo attempts to slash her, but she bends back to dodge.

"the wind hashira has peaked." kokushibo says as amata's blade clashes with his. "and the girl's flexibility is unlike anything i've seen."

he dodges the ribbon-end of her sword and amata bounces back.

sanemi suddenly smiles as amata drags to a stop. she stares at him in shock, slightly offended that he's laughing so hysterically.

"you're a demon worth killing!" sanemi screeches.

he runs forth, and muichiro follows with amata soon after. kokushibo clashes blades with sanemi yet again, while amata destroys the crescent-shapes that aim to harm muichiro.

suddenly, kokushibo gasps and bends back.

sanemi is maneuvering genya's blade with his right foot.

what a freak! amata thinks as she destroys the slashes. muichiro rears his blade up to slash at kokushibo's neck, but kokushibo has begun moving.

amata continues to slash the crescent shapes that spawn. muichiro narrowly dodges an attack by the demon, while sanemi begins to repeatedly clash his blade with kokushibo. seeing the crescents that repeatedly spawn, he begins to aid amata in defending sanemi.

"if he gets you an opening, you go!" amata yells to him.

muichiro slashes a crescent aimed for her skull, his back pressed against hers as the two continue to block the attacks.

suddenly, something changes.

twice as many crescents come. sanemi is slashes as amata and muichiro work to the best of their abilities to defeat the demon art, but all of the wooden pillars in the room are slashed.

the rubble clashes down harshly. muichiro yanks amata to his side before slashing the block of wood that comes their way. kokushibo has stopped attacking, but amata and muichiro desperately gasp for breath.

"if you move now, your organs will spill out."

amata and muichiro desperately try to look through the rubble. sanemi and kokushibo can be seen on the other end of the room, with sanemi's torso bleeding horrificly.

everybody, however, can see the way kokushibo tenses at the smell of sanemi's unique blood.

sanemi smirks, and releases a chuckle before counterattacking yet again. amata and muichiro run forward as well, but amata realizes how much slower she is, even with a mark.