twenty-six: pretty

-♡-

"OKAY, SAY 'AH!'"

amata obliges to shinobu's request and the woman looks down her throat with the medical instrument before nodding.

"well, i think you should have one more day of bedrest before you're good." shinobu says. "make sure you take this after each meal. it'll ease your pain and make you heal faster."

she places some medicine on the bedside table before leaving.

amata sighs and leans back in her bed, being gentle due to her ribs. she turns to look out the window, watching as the birds flutter by and the tree leaves rustle. a faint, white cloud drifts by in the bright blue sky.

a smile wanders on to her face. the birds remind her of muichiro. the cloud does too.

everything does. her mind seems to find a way to constantly link everything back to him, to a picture-perfect memory she has with him. every time she thinks of him, she smiles.

"amaterasu kanroji!"

amata worriedly turns and sees mitsuri marching towards her. the woman seems angry and relieved at the same time as her hips sway and her feet smack the ground rather loudly.

"do you have any idea how fast i ran here?! i was worried sick with tokito-kun made his crow deliver that message! your house blew up?! how did that happen?! why are you all beat and battered?! huh?! i was so scared!" mitsuri yells, throwing her hands in the air.

amata smiles and looks down. "a demon disguised as my dog almost got the best of me." amata admits slowly. mitsuri gasps in horror and clamps her hands to her cheeks.

"huh?!" mitsuri screeches.

"watari-san managed to get the animals out, but the fish didn't make it." amata says sadly. "but muichiro-san must have heard the explosion. and he came over so fast! he fought the demon! if it weren't for him, i might be dead by now."

"well, thank god for that! and don't worry! you can live with me until we get you a new house!" mitsuri assures. "your pets will stay too! and i'll help fund you in rebuilding! or maybe you want to buy a new house?!"

amata nods, a faint smile still on her face. mitsuri now wears her own cheeky grin and she leans her head down to look at amata.

"what?" she draws out.

amata shakes her head and looks up at mitsuri.

"i'm in love with him."

-♡-

"tokito-kun sent watari-san here yesterday! so, all of the pets are here! she went stay with her family for a bit, so don't worry!" mitsuri assures. "all of the animals seem to get along great! and franklin is so adorable, i think i might die each time i see him.

amata nods with a small laugh as she steps into the love estate. mitsuri shows her to her room, after greeting the animals of course, and leaves amata alone to settle in. the younger girl gently sits on her futon and smiles with contentment.