forty-two: dawn

-♡-

A BLINDED OBANAI SCOOPS UP TANJIRO.

he and amata have finally rejoined the battle, both shocked and proud that tanjiro had gone toe-to-toe with muzan for as long as he did.

muzan stares at amata in shock. he hears the difference in her breathing. he trembles slightly at the blazing fury in her eyes and the way blood streams from her ears, eyes, nose, mouth, and several cuts all over her body.

but she stills goes.

"flame breathing, first form, unknowing fire!"

the searing where amata cuts him is different than her other attacks. her other attacks burned from her red blade as well, but not like this. not with this much force, this much power.

he stared at her, and he swore, standing behind her, the flame pillar stood with his own blade parallel to hers, as though he was guiding her very movements in the fight.

muzan destroys a building, and tanjiro rejoins the fight with obanai. the two pillars, and the sun breather destroy muzan as he desperately tries to fight them.

amata, obanai, and tanjiro stare at the demon as his body begins to change. scar tissue becomes evident. the tissue sources from wounds inflicted by the first breath user, the first to destroy kibutsuji.

yoriichi is still showing them the way.

amata snatches up one of yushiro'a talismans, and she slaps it onto obanai. she notices the scar tissue moving around, bringing her a newfound hope.

these are where muzan's hearts and brains are.

"forty minutes until dawn!"

muzan hears this, and amata glares at him, shaking her head. his plum red eyes meet her own of amber, and then he turns.

he runs.

"don't let him get away!" tanjiro screeches. amata, obanai, and tanjiro continue to follow muzan, even as they trample the corpses of demon slayers.

"you coward!" tanjiro utters. he begins to grab the fallen swords and he throws them at muzan. the demon fends them off, knowing that being pierced it worse than being slashed in his current state.

muzan halts. obanai drops in front of him, and stabs him through the torso before jumping to safety. tanjiro screams as he continues to defend obanai and amata from the fleshy whips of muzan.

muzan then gasps as amata is in front of him. she stabs him through the left side of his chest, her blade searing him greatly.

she twists it, making muzan screech, and the then starts to push it up, carving his flesh and bones.

muzan has flashbacks to akaza's memories. he sees himself surrounded with trees, standing before a dying flame hashira that moves his sword exactly as amata does.

like rengoku was fighting with her.

amata's blade emerges from his left shoulder, and she jumps away as well. muzan pants and trembles in true concern.