six: scary boy

-♡-

"I HOPE SHE DOESN'T HIT ME TOO HARD."

uzui groans as he leans back in the chair. amata can't help but proudly smile at the win. suddenly, she feels herself being hoisted into the air by two pairs of strong arms- rengoku, and mitsuri.

"you did it! you beat him!" mitsuri screams. amata smiles widely as mitsuri and rengoku chant her name as they bounce her in the air.

"what's your favorite dish?" tengen groans.

-♡-

amata proudly marches to the sound hashira's grand estate. the smile on her face is priceless as she bounds through the street, eager to meet tengen uzui's three wives.

she sees the gate, already open, and she happily runs inside. she hops up three wooden steps and brings her fist up to knock on the door, but it opens before she can do so.

before her, a beautiful woman with dark pinky-purple eyes stands before her. she displays a kind smile and soothes back her jet black hair before adjusting her dirty white apron.

"you are kanroji-san?" she asks calmly. amata can't help but fawn over her velvet-like voice.

"uh- yes!" amata bows in respect and the woman smiles before another shorter woman comes to the door.

she gasps with a smile. "oh my goodness! you're so cute!" she squeals.

"suma!" a large smack is heard, followed by a yelp. "show some respect!"

"makio, you're so mean! tengen-sama! she hit me!" suma wails.

"i'll stuff rocks in your mouth if you keep crying!" makio shouts back. amata smiles at the dynamic as hinatsuru invites her to the house.

at the table, uzui can be seen sitting calmly.

with a large, hand-shaped welt on his face.

amata chokes back her laughter as uzui pouts jokingly, rolling his eyes at the girl.

"wait, you were beat by a child?!" the woman in the red dress says.

"she's adorable!" suma squeals. amata blushes and looks away as she sits down.

"hey! she's stupidly-"

makio smacks him, followed by a scream from tengen. "makio!" he groans. "you're embarassing me!"

"you embarass me." she hisses. she turns back to amata and plasters on a polite smile.

"you're udon is almost prepared, kanroji-san." she nods.

"oh, you can all use my first name!" amata smiles.

"tengen-sama!" suma screams. she suddenly hugs amata and begins crying against the younger girl. "can we keep amata-chan?! she's so adorable!"

"suma!"

"makio, no!"

-♡-