five: hashira status

-♡-

"AMATERASU KANROJI!"

as soon as amata enters the gates of the flame estate, her elder sister tackles her into the ground.

"ow..."

"what is the matter with you?!"

amata tiredly blinks at the love hashira, her eyed squinted in utter confusion.

"...huh?"

"you've been summoned to oyakata-sama's estate! like, four hours ago! where were you?!" mitsuri yelps. she takes amata by the shoulders and begins violently shaking her. "you were embarassing me!"

"oh... s-sorry..."

"well?! where were you?!"

amata nervously smiles.

"asleep..."

mitsuri gasps in horror and jumps back, clutching her face nervously.

"y-y-you what?! you were summoned by the master but you were asleep?!" she wails. "no! no! no! oh, i want to crawl in a tiny hole now! nobody will ever love me the same! i can't believe this!"

rengoku appears suddenly and pulls mitsuri from the floor, laughing as he pats her head. "calm down, mitsuri-chan. i'm sure the master won't mind! he loved her at the tsuguko presentation!"

"why was i summoned?" amata yawns, wiping her eyes.

mitsuri opens her mouth to talk but rengoku clamps a hand over her mouth.

"let's go find out!" he smiles.

-♡-

"where's the other one?" mitsuri murmurs. "is he asleep too?!" she squeaks nervously.

"rest easy, kanroji-san." ubuyashiki smiles kindly. "we'll wait as long as we need to. give him time."

amata feels her sleepiness taking over as she rests on her knees in the gravel. the sounds of chirping birds in the tree and the light breeze which shakes the trees is so soothing.

she falls face first into the gravel as soon as she falls asleep.

mitsuri shrieks and buries her face in her hands while the rest of the hashira eye amata down curiously as she lightly breathes in her sleep.

"is she... is she asleep?" shinobu asks. confusion spells her face as her purple eyes widen at the sight of the girl.

"i believe so! that's not very flashy!"

"does she do this often?" shinobu asks, leaning forward to look at rengoku and mitsuri. mitsuri slowly nods and rengoku confidently confirms shinobu's suspicion with his fierce head nod.

"pfft, why are we even here?" sanemi grunts.

the gravel shifts under the weight of a newcomer, and everybody but the sleeping girl turns to see the misty boy gazing at everyone.