thirty-five: nearing the end

-♡-

THE DEMON SLAYERS CAN'T BELIEVE THEIR EYES.

after a full, straight hour of fighting, a wooden blade in amata's hands had lightly tapped muichiro left arm, as she did not want to hurt him. everyone witnesses his pleased smile, and the nod he sends in amata's direction, declaring that she had passed his training.

"good job." he compliments the girl. amata nods, blushing a bit before she waves all of the other slayers out to resume their own training. most of them groan as they continue to face the hardships that the mist and dream hashira have for them.

"a-amata-chan! you don't even seem tired!" zenitsu screams, his hands on his cheeks as he gazes at her.

amata simply smiles at him, her amber eyes crinkling as she does so.

"amata-san, you're so strong!" tanjiro compliments, pumping his fists to add emphasis. "i want to be as strong as you one day!" he declares.

"fight me, emiko!" inosuke yells at amata. he points a finger in her direction, and placed his other hand on his chest as he eyes amata down.

"maybe after we win." amata nods. inosuke grunts angrily before returning to muichiro's harsh training. even after his fight with amata, muichiro doesn't seem tired in the least as he continues to evade attacks by the demon slayers.

"yuzuki, speed up!" muichiro barks at her. she whimpers, and then screams as his wooden sword smacks her rib.

"w-wait! slow down!" she cries out, grabbing the spot that the wood hit. she knows it'll be a dark bruise by the end of the night.

muichiro whacks her again, in the same spot, and she screams once more.

suddenly, the door busts open.

"amata-chan!"

everyone stops moving as suma runs to amata. amata ignores her students as she runs forward, colliding with suma happily.

"suma-san! w-why are you here?" amata asks as suma squeezes her.

"oh, we're done training everyone! you should get ready, because a lot more people are coming your way soon!" suma announces. "everyone is stuck with your sister, but she said to warn you!"

"hey kids!"

the demon slayers tremble in fear at the sight of uzui, but amata only smiles as she runs forward. she looks tiny compared to him as he hugs her with a wide smile.

"we came to help with food preperation."

amata runs to hinatsuru and hugs her as well, and then she hugs makio. her wide grin and cheery eyes seem to pick up the moods of everyone in the area.

"hey!"

uzui walks over to muichiro, and the young boy frowns as uzui crushes him.

"even without a hand, and an eye, you have to do this." muichiro grumbles as uzui holds him tight in the air.

"wait! that means we can't arm wrestle anymore!" amata pouts.