twenty-one: sanemi's disgrace

-♡-

TANJIRO MUSTERS ALL HIS STRENGTH TO GET UP AND RUN.

"anyone who hurts my sister, answers to me! hashira or not, i won't let you get away with it!"

sanemi only laughs and rips the sword out before shaking it to get the blood off. amata winces at the sight before giyu yells out.

"enough! the master will be arriving shortly!"

however, tanjiro runs forward, ignoring giyu's cry and sanemi's smile drops. he swipes his sword at tanjiro, but the red-haired slayer jumps into the air to dodge.

everyone gasps, and he suddenly comes back down, and headbutts sanemi so hard, both of them fall.

amata clamps a hand over her mouth and holds back a laugh. she turns to muichiro with wide eyes and notices mitsuri doing the same thing. everyone pays attention to the love hashira except muichiro, who has his eyes on amata.

"pardon me." mitsuri whispers.

"if you can't tell the diffetence between good demons and bad ones, then you shouldn't be a hashira!" tanjiro cries out.

"you little..." sanemi stands up and grips his sword before raising it to tanjiro's neck. "i'll destroy you!"

"the master of the mansion, has returned."

kagaya emerges and everyone stares at him.

"my beloved children... i'm glad you could come here today."

the girls lead him out on the edge of the veranda. he feels the warm sun on his face and smiles.

"good morning. the weather is strikingly beautiful today. with a blue sky, perhaps? i'm glad we have made it to our semiannual hashira meeting with no personel changes." kagaya calmly says.

the hashira instantly take a knee and sanemi slams tanjiro down on the gravel, slightly hurting the boy.

"i am pleased to see you in good health as well, master. i am fervently praying for your continued good fortune." sanemi eloquently says.

"i thank you, sanemi."

mitsuri bites her lip and amata yawns tiredly.

"before we start this meeting, could you kindly enlighten us about this young swordsman traveling with a demon?" he asks.

tanjiro's mouth gapes at the formal method of speech.

"why, of course." kagaya nods. "i apologize for surprising you all. tanjiro and nezuko... have both been sanctioned. i would appreciate it if you all could accept that."

everyone's mouth gapes at the master and gyomei's beads click.

"master, even though it is something you have requested, i can't bring myself to do it." gyomei admits.

"i, too, must firmly oppose! a slayer traveling with a demon is unacceptable!" uzui remarks.

"as for myself, i will do whatever it is you wish, master!" mitsuri smiles.