twenty-four: love language

-♡-

"HELLO!"

inosuke stops pulling all of the weighs that are tied to ropes over a tree branch, and he takes the second to look over at the girl standing on the fence.

"i can tell that you are very strong." amata compliments. "are you currently using the totao concentration technique?"

"uh..."

"hey! hey! kanroji-san!"

amata lookd over and sees tanjiro and zenitsu running over to greet her. she smiles widely at them and fixes the pin in her hair.

"hello!" she waves.

zenitsu fawns over her and tanjiro just smiles happily.

"kanroji-san, what breathing technique do you use?" he asks.

"oh, my own! it is called dream breathing." amata smiles.

tanjiro gasps in excitement.

"where does it stem from?!" he asks, pumping his fists slightly.

"flame breathing. i was actually trained by another hashira." amata explains.

"that's so cool! were you a tsuguko?" tanjiro asks.

inosuke drops her weights and begins picking at a toenail.

"what's that?" he asks.

"a tsuguko is someone who trains directly under a hashira, but it also set to succeed their place should the hashira pass, or retired." amata explains. "it is entirely normal to train under a hashira and not be a tsuguko, but i was one."

"but, you became a pillar too fast?" tanjiro figured. amata nods.

"yep!"

"you're so strong, kanroji-san!" zenitsu fawns.

"why, thank you! now then, how flexible are all of you?"

-♡-

"increasing your flexibility is important for several reasons." amata begins as the boys stand in a line in front of her. "it is good in helping to evade attacks, at adapting to your environment, at resisting muscle strain. but the most important factor is that the move flexible you are, the more breathing room your muscles have. by incressing your flexibilty, you are actually creating more and more room so you may utilize total concentration, constant."

tanjiro and zenitsu gasps and inosuke laughs.

"i grew up in the mountains, so i can do all sorts of weird things with my body!" he boasts.

"great! you should be able to master total concentration, constant in no time!" amata smiles.

inosuke stays silent at her calm demeanor as she turns to the other two.

"now then, do some flexibility stretches! perhaps your friend here could help you train?"

zenitsu and tanjiro looks scared as inosuke turns to them and laughs. amata smiles and she hears aoi bringing out laundry to dry.