nine: fine dining

-♡-

"AH! SHE'S SO CUTE!"

mitsuri snatches the grey cat away from amata. the cat- a sixth month old named chee-cho- widens it's brown eyes as mitsuri begins kissing her all over.

"how did anyone abandon such a cutie on the side of the street?! oh, chee-cho, my little sister is never going to abandon you! you'll have all sorts of tasty meals, and fresh water, and you'll be all cute and clean forever and ever!" mitsuri squeals. the cat purrs as mitsuri scratches her around her ears.

"i have two more."

mitsuri screeches loudly and amata brings her to the bedroom, where two cats playfully chase after a ball of yarn. one is bright orange with blue eyes, and a lighter yellow-color around his mouth makes him look like he has a mustache. the other is a bright white with bright green eyes, and she's a little more docile than the orange one.

"oh my goodness! what are their names?!" mitsuri screams as she runs over.

"the one with the mustache is ryuji, and the white one is mochi."

"mochi and ryuji are so cute! i'm gonna die from the cuteness!" mitsuri giggles as she hugs the cats. ryuji grumbles and kneeds his paws against her chest, but upon realizing she won't let go, he gives up. chee-cho happily lays against mitsuri's shoulder and mochi begins licking and nibbling on mitsuri's nose.

"oh yeah!" mitsuri pipes up and sits criss cross, looking at her sister. "how was your mission?"

"fine. toktio-san and i walked together at one point."

mitsuri giggles and leans close to amata's face. "aaaand?" she draws out.

"and then... we stopped walking?" amata says in confusion. "nii-san, what are you asking me?"

"did you talk about anything?"

"no. he doesn't like talking to me."

mitsuri pouts. "did you do anything?"

"i bought him udon."

"ooh! what did he say?! well?! tell me! tell me!" mitsuri bounces up and down in excitement.

"he forgot i was ordering and he left, so i had to go find him." amata smiles. "honestly, he's a rather forgetful boy."

mitsuri gasps. "oh my goodness! you're a very forgetful girl! it's a match made in heaven!"

amata raises a playful eyebrow. "mitsuri..."

"oh, just think of the wedding! the theme would be misty dreams, and we'll have lots of pink flowers and blue for him! what kind of ring do you want?! i think a very dainty one suits you! of course, i'll be there to help with your elegant wedding kimono. ooh! i'm sure shinobu-san will help! but we'll probably need a third-"

"mitsuri." amata places her hand on her sister's shoulder. "i think the first step should be actually getting him to like me." she nods.

mitsuri shyly giggles. "r-right..."

"anyways, i think it's about time for me to visit uzui-san." amata says as she gets up. "will you watch over the cats?"