eleven: a slithery foe

-♡-

"TOKITO-SAN!"

amata sucks in a large breath and dives into the water. she opens her eyes and sees the snake tail moving, and muichiro's sword at the bottom of the swamp.

she can't decide- grab his sword, and chase the demon? or get the demon first and free muichiro for him to gey the sword?

if she goes with the former, she can guarantee the sword gets to muichiro quickly. however, it gives more time for the demon to get away and devour her hashira partner.

the latter, however, means she can defend the boy while he gets the sword, but the boggy water is so thick, it's hard to see it, and currents may sweep it away.

she goes with the first option.

she slashes the tail deep enough to hook her sword in, and she tags along as the snake-demon swims away. she slowly climbs her way up, and she soon sees the body.

the tail is dark green, with even darker green stripes. but the body is otherworldly- blue-grey skin, with strange orange fins on the back. instead of having two arms, it has four arms, all about four entire feet long.

at the end of each arm is a hand with seven inch long, crooked, webbed fingers with bright orange nails, and bright orange hair flashes in the water. amata can see six gills on each side of the creature's mouth.

it turns it's head around and amata angrily stares into a pair of angry, envious, hateful lime-green eyes. the demon's grey teeth are all about an inch long, needle-like, and there must be a hundred in there. darker blue stripes mark her cheeks and her chest is covered with seaweed.

"you bitch!" the demon squeals. her voice is warbly and hollow, like she's talking through glass and a mouth only half-full of water.

amata sees muichiro turn his head around to gaze up at amata. she sees him and brings her sword down on the demon's arm, severing it in an instant.

the demon screams and muichiro is let go. amata pulls him up and swims to the surface, breathing for air once her head pierces the algae.

muichiro comes up second, heaving for air. he didn't have the chance to take a breath once the swamp demon took him.

"my sword!" he grunts.

"that way!" amata says, pointing. she pushes him forward to propel him as he swims. "at the bottom! i saw it by a corpse with-"

her sentence is cut short as a hand around her foots cuts her off. muichiro continues swimming, but he turns to look at the ripple of water that follows amata.

he dives down, praying to find his sword in time.

amata swings her sword through the water, her movements slower than normal due to being in a different medium. she yanks her leg free and hooks herself onto a tree root, looking around the water.

however, from the root, a sprout of green seaweed pops out and tightly wraps around amata's hand. she grunts as she pulld it free, and sees the familiar snake-tail attempting to whip her.

she pushes herself down and slices the tail off. the cry of the demon is heard, but is soon followed by laughter.

"say, this boy here is quite cute!"