forty: together forever

-♡-

THE BRIGHT RED BLADE DAZZLES THE DEMON.

he stares in horror as amata's blade, a once soft and delicate periwinkle-purple, morphed into the sinister red that had destroyed muzan himself.

inside his abdomen, a burning sensation takes place and he looks down. muichiro is fiercely gazing back, wielding a bright red blade of his own.

these kids are stronger than he thought.

kokushibo can't activate a demon art. his blood is working too hard to repair the damage of the tree, granting the hashira more and more room to attack.

sanemi slashes at kokushibo's neck. genya activates the demon art once more, making the tree grow even more so.

gyomei joins in the attack. amata jumps over the fight and lands right behind muichiro, grabbing his wrist to help him get the blade out.

with an effortful grunt, amata and muichiro free the blade. amata falls on her back, muichiro on top of her, and the two scurry up quickly. sanemi clashes his blade on gyomei's, the spot of contact turning bright red.

kokushibo was horrified as gyomei and sanemi managed to chop off kokushibo's neck.

kokushibo still manages to stem the bleeding, refusing to give up.

"what the fuck?!" amata roars in anger as she begins berating him with attacks.

"don't give up!" gyomei yells as he begins to attack again. "we won't let any sacrifices be in vain!"

everyone begins to attack again. kokushibo, somehow, detaches the stump of the tree genya grew. he dodges the attacks and begins to regrow his head, though the new one is much more monstrous than previously.

it still has an alarming six eyes, but now it has protruded jaws. the skin is more wrinkled, and the head as a whole is larger. the sharp teeth that protrude threaten the looker, and kokushibo roars in anger.

everybody raises their blades to attack. the bright red hues sting kokushibo, but what stings more is the reflection of his new, monstrous appearance in them.

amata carves up his skin again, and in doing so, the ribbon-end breaks. she refuses to give up and resorts to merely stabbing kokushibo right through his chest as the others attack as well.

kokushibo stops moving.

the spot whrte amata stabs him is beginning to fade away to ash.

gyomei and sanemi remove his new head in a joint effort. muichiro slashes off both of kokushibo's arms, his red blade burning the demon.

amata kicks his leg off once more, and she gasps as kokushibo begins to fade away more and more. she drops to her knees, watching as his body shrivels into a pitiful lump, before fading to ash entirely.

sanemi continues to blindly attack, and gyomei has to stop him. he realizes sanemi is unconscious, and had been fighting in that sight.

amata begins to smile before crawls over to wear muichiro heaves in air. as she gets closer, her face morphs into horror.

blood is coming from all over his body.