epilogue

-♡-

IT HAD BEEN SIX YEARS.

amata had changed. her body was more developed in several ways, making her stand at 5'6 now, just as tall as mitsuri once was. her hair was longer and fluffier, her face more adult, and her elegance even more prominent.

muichiro had grown up as well. now at age 20, he had grown to be 5'11, still pissy that he wasn't officially six feet tall. amata would just roll her eyes when he complained about his height.

he had also cut his hair. his bangs were still long, but his hair was extremely short and never grew past his ears.

they finally got married after muichiro turned fifteen. amata's family came, as well as nezuko, the butterfly girls, the uzui family, the kamaboko squad, and watari and her husband. it was quiet until they were actually, officially married, which was when inosuke tried to fight muichiro.

he ended up getting body slammed.

suma finally got her baby girl, which she, of course, named amaterasu uzui. the child was now four years old, and did nothing but break things. amata and muichiro had to put away breakable belongings when suma brought the little girl around.

watari got married, and had her own baby as well. he cried a lot, which angered muichiro a lot. he was just thankful that amata didn't want children.

sanemi and amata managed to become great friends. she liked it when he came over. sometimes, when sanemi spoke to her, he still felt like he could see mitsuri and genya. amata could see mitsuri in him whenever he had an unsatiable appetite, which she always aided with by cooking his favorite food.

giyu and amata had also become good friends. she thought he was very thoughtful and considerate, and he thought she was kind and gentle.

everyone still had ghosts of the past. sometimes, at night, amata was scared a demon was outside. muichiro would just pull her closer, and assure her that everything was okay.

and it was. everything was okay. everyone had grown up, and moved on. they had begun a new chapter.

everyone was finally happy, and safe.

-♡-

amata sneaks up to the bedroom. it was a hazy morning, as it had stormed the previous night. the bedroom was a whirlwind of pillows and blankets from the ghost stories that had been told.

they, of course, had built a fort for the storm.

muichiro was asleep on his back. amata cheekily smiled as she snuck in, tip-toeing on the wood. muichiro's head lolled a bit in his sleep as amata stood over him.

she suddenly sat on his legs. muichiro groaned at the sudden weight, his eyes fluttering as amata stared at him.

he sat up, wiping his sleepy, teal eyes. he brushed his overgrown bangs aside before looking forward, locking eyes with the beautiful woman he had married. she only gave him a cheeky smile as sat on his lap, criss-cross. her hairpin sat behind her ear, her amber eyes shining with excitement.

muichiro only smiled at her as she threw her hands up.

"good morning, starshine!"

-♡-

i would like to thank everyone that read this story. i had a lot of fun making it, even if i shed a fear tears on occasion.

i would like to thank myself, for being a bad bitch and writing a whole ass book in like, three weeks.

thank you all so much for reading. i hope you enjoyed.