19

We entered the house in silence, and I walked off to go look for another room to sleep in as Azias headed to the room we shared. I found a room one door down and decided that I'd make myself comfortable by moving the few things I had in the other room into this new one.

I entered our room and started gathering my things, and Azias frowned as he watched me.

Breaking the uncomfortable silence between us, he asked, "What are you doing?"

"Moving to another room," I answered, and he scoffed. "I don't wanna have another argument. Just save your comments, please."

"Trust me, I don't have shit left to say to you," he replied.

"Trust me, I know," I said as I thought back to how things ended in the car. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," he replied. Neither of us had said it sweetly. There was underlying anger in both of our departure, and I just knew I'd be miserable tonight.

He, on the other hand, would probably sleep just fine.

The following day
I woke to an empty house and missing car.

The bag with weapons that were in his closet was gone, and only the bag with money was there.

He had left me behind, and I was both angry and sad. I would've much rather him send me back to my mom and Rose than leave me in this empty house by myself. I had no one to keep me company, and all over a stupid fight!

All I wanted him to see last night was the fact that what he did was embarrassing for me. I just needed him to know that last night wasn't okay, and that he wouldn't do anything like that again. Instead, he continued to tune me out.

I had tried calling his burner cell, but he wouldn't pick up. I was still angry at him for what transpired last night, but him ditching me was uncalled for. I wanted him to find his brother, I just didn't like the fact that he humiliated me even more than I was already being humiliated. I had no problem with the lady being pretty. What I had a problem with was her constantly flirting with Azias in my face and further disrespecting me with verbal attacks. Azias sending me away when she asked him to was the cherry on top. Things would've been better had he at least tried to hear me out. Instead, he made it seem as if I didn't care about him finding Ace.

I knew that if I had approached him differently when he got in the car, we could've possibly had talked it out last night, but in the moment, I was too upset to approach him differently. I had felt disrespected, and for that reason, felt that I didn't need to be calm or respectful back.

I wished I knew how to get to where Rose and my mother were. Being stranded here was cruel of Azias. If he didn't want my help anymore, he could've simply said so. The fact that he ditched me so easily was fucked up in so many ways. He disposed himself of me once I wasn't of use to him, yet he was yapping about wanting to get married. The audacity of this man!

I heard the sound of a door struggling to open, so I quickly drew for my gun, slowly climbed off the bed, and walked to my room door.

My breath hitched in my throat as I heard footsteps coming towards my door. The footsteps stopped right in front of my room, and I felt myself holding my breath as the handle slowly went down. I quietly got behind the door as it opened, and right as a head peaked out, I placed the gun to it.

"Hi to you too," Azias' voice let out, and I lowered my gun and opened the door wider. The first thing I noticed was the blood all over his shirt. He looked weak, so I figured he got hurt.

There was so much blood! I began to panic, thinking he was dying on his way over here.

"Where did you get hurt?!" I asked as I lifted his shirt. I frantically looked around but couldn't find any wounds as he weakly stared at me. "Azias? Where did you get hurt?!" I connected eyes with him, and he looked at me with confusion. "Azias?!"

He slurred, "Not...my blood." It was then that I smelled the alcohol in his breath. He was drunk.

"You drove here like this?! You could've gotten into an accident!" I scolded as I released him, upset that he drove here under the influence. He could be crashed the car on the way back or even had been followed! He'd ruin the entire operation to get his brother back!

"I'm fine," he grunted while looking around the room.

"Whose blood is that?" I asked, and he connected eyes with me.

"Don't worry about it," he replied as he reached for my face to cup it, but I brushed his hands away.

"I called," I pointed out. "Numerous times. Why did you ignore me?"

"I was taking care of something," he answered. "Saph, I gotta tell you something!"

I asked, "Taking care of what?"

"What Faith asked me to do, but—"

"Who the fuck is Faith?"

"The lady from last night," he sighed. So he had done her bidding once again. I was truly hoping that it was all worth it and that we could find Ace because that was the only thing keeping me from not detaching myself completely from Azias. I understood why he had done what he did. He was desperate. I didn't appreciate, however, what he did or the fact that he didn't see what he did as problematic in any way.

Azias held his head as he walked to the bed. He sat down and watched me through hooded eyes. "He was...he was kidnapped."

I frowned, "Ace? By whom?"

"By..." He lay down and wrapped himself in my covers.

"You're not sleeping in here!" I said, but he just tuned me out. "Azias!"

"Shhh, too loud!" I spike lowly as he turned his back to me.

I climbed into bed and warned, "Do not fall asleep in here!"

"I'm just closing my eyes for a sec," he lied, his voice already sleepy.

"Sure you are," I replied sarcastically.

"I have to tell you..." he didn't finish his sentence as he fell asleep.

I sighed and went to the kitchen. I had been craving chocolate covered strawberries and thought I should check to see if there were any strawberries and chocolate here. I remembered Azias saying that he had gotten some fruits and other groceries the other day. I knew the chocolate covered strawberries would do a great deal in keeping me calm when Azias would wake.

I opened the refrigerator, where I, thankfully, found both strawberries and chocolate. I grabbed them and then returned to the fridge to see if I could find anything to much on. I noticed a can of whipped cream, and it wasn't before long that I went searching for waffles, which I was also fortunate to find.

I knew Azias would wake hungry, so I'd have to prepare dinner too. I also knew he'd be asleep for a while, so I figured that I should eat some waffles now, take care of the strawberries afterwards, and then make dinner.

As much as I disliked Azias right now, I still cared about whether he ate or not, and I had no plans of leaving him hungry over an argument. However, cooking for him did not mean that I wasn't still upset at him. He had been very insensitive, and until he was willing to see that, I didn't have much to say to him!