33

My eyes went wide as I heard Azias' last words replay in my head. Ace had gone silent, probably because he was just as shocked as I was by Azias's statement.

"You ain't gone say nothing?" Azias asked Ace. At this point in time, I was wishing that I could see their facial reactions or even their body languages. How cold were Azias' eyes? How shocked was Ace's face?

"Uh...that just caught me off guard," Ace finally spoke.

"It caught me off guard when you snuck out of my room the other night after meeting up to talk about y'all secret and do whatever the fuck else y'all did," Azias replied. "Caught me off guard when I saw y'all in the hallway hugging and talking about never feeling this way before too."

Ace was silent like a church mouse until Azias got really upset and yelled, "You fucking my girl or not?!"

I could see why he'd think that Ace and I were sexually involved from the moments he witnessed, but out of all things for him to assume, I didn't think that would be his first assumption.

Ace clarified, "We're not fucking."

Azias dryly chuckled, "Oh? Are you making love?"

"We're not having sex at all," Ace made him aware. "I wouldn't do that to you..." Azias scoffed to himself, and that's when Ace said something that I wished he would have elaborated on. "I know what that day did to you, Zy. I swear on my life, I wouldn't do that!"

There was silence for a moment. I was hoping that silence would calm Azias down and help him think more rationally.

"So what's this big secret that I can't know about?" Azias asked him.

Ace replied, "Wouldn't be a secret if I told you..."

"Look, the last time she lied to me, I got ambushed in my own crib. Had I not suspected something fishy would happen, I could've been six feet under right now. I don't care how afraid she is to tell me. I need to know," Azias demanded.

He thought that I was hiding information about the Boss...

Ace replied, "It's nothing like that."

"What is it like then?" Azias persisted.

Ace sighed, "Just know you'll feel like an idiot for treating her the way you have. I suggest you apologize to her." Azias was silent, so Ace added, "She's really sad that you're not speaking to her."

"I'm really sad y'all keeping shit from me," Azias fired back. "Wait..." There was a moment of hesitation in his voice. "Is she...?"

Ace sounded confused as he asked, "Is she...what?"

"You know...pregnant?" Azias asked, and I found myself holding my breath. I wasn't, but the fact that he asked that question made me wonder if he was serious about the second guessing and shit. Did he no longer want a family with me?!

Ace chuckled, "Not that I know of. Somebody hasn't been using his rubbers?"

Azias chuckled, "I have, dickhead. Shit happens though. I just don't wanna have to worry about a kid till the threat's over, but it was the next-best-thing I could think of that she'd keep a secret."

Did that mean he still wanted to start a family with me?

"Well, it's not that, so you could stop racking your brain for an answer," Ace let him know. Ace then teased, "Maybe you should start racking her instead before I do."

He was asking for a death wish...

"Get the fuck out my room."

Ace chuckled as he left the room, but I didn't exactly know where Azias' brain was with all of this. Ace then walked back into the room and suggested once again, "You should apologize to her." Azias only hummed in response, so I stood and went back to the living room to sit and sip the juice that Azias had poured me just in case Azias would be leaving the room with Ace this time. I waited for about ten minutes before realizing that Azias wouldn't be coming out to apologize to me like Ace had suggested to him, so I finished my drink and then went to our room.