39

Sapphire's POV

Two weeks later

I hummed to myself as I tasted the pot of soup I had boiling. It was almost done, and I couldn't wait to destroy it! Rose had been keeping my company in the kitchen while my mother watched Pharaoh for us.

"This food not done yet?!" Rose sighed as she cushioned her face with her crossed elbows. She had been rushing the pot ever since she started smelling the ingredients coming together.

I chuckled, "Not yet!"

"Ugh!" she whined, making me laugh aloud. "This pot got more stir than Emily's lies."

I burst out into another type of laughter as I turned the stove off. "You're a clown," I giggled as I stirred the pot one last time. "It's finished now. Happy?"

"Yes, but not as happy as I'll be when it's cool enough to eat!" she smiled.

I smiled back, "So hard to please! However does Marco deal with you?"

She chuckled, "I make up for it in the bed." We both laughed as I gave her a high five, and then I grabbed three bowls to share the soup into. "When I tell you I'm feening to see this nigga!"

"Whenever that is," I teased. At least when I was working with Azias, we got shit done. I didn't know what exactly was being done because I wasn't there with Zy, but Ace would give Rose and me updates every now and then. Even though two weeks had passed, Ace and Azias had accomplished nothing...other than getting into shootouts.

"Heavy on it," Rose sighed. "At least you got to see Mr.Duck before he became Mr.Fuck-off."

I smiled, "That's what we calling him now?"

"Hell yeah!" Rose said with passion. "He can't just dump my bestie and think I'm all buddy buddy with him. We got beef now!"

"No need for any beef. I was wrong, and he took action," I shrugged. Rose was getting ready to argue with me, so I quickly added, "He forgave me for spying on him when he had all reasons to put a bullet in me. That was generous enough of him. I went and spoke about something I knew hurt him a lot just to get back at him. I'm honestly not upset with him."

Rose rolled her eyes and sighed, "Still..."

I chuckled, "Still what?"

"The silent treatment would've been fine. To break up with you is a whole drag," she argued.

I shrugged, "It is what it is."

Rose teased, "Well, you were my girlfriend first anyways..."

I chuckled, "Better watch what you're saying before Marco hears from whatever hideout he's in."

Rose was about to respond again, but we both heard a car approaching the house, so we both got quiet. I walked to the cupboard and took out the gun I liked to hide there. I then slightly shifted the kitchen curtain and peaked through the window. There were three cars approaching the house.

"Three cars," I told Rose. "Gear up."

She nodded and quickly rushed to get the other guns and warn my mom. The three cars parked in front of the house, but I couldn't see who was getting out of them from the angle I stood at. Before I could switch to a better angle, I heard the house doorknob rattling.

I quickly ran to a spot where I could take cover and still shoot the intruders. I took a deep breath in as I turned the silencer on and then aimed the gun. It was time to practice all that Azias had taught me. I hadn't even felt nervous, like I usually was whenever I had to fire the gun. Breathe and focus, Azias would always tell me. The minute you get a clear shot, take it!