64

The rise and fall of Sapphire's stomach did wonders for making me feel at peace. I had been resting my head on her stomach, the two of us lying in bed together. A couple hours had passed since Richard's unexpected and unwanted visit. Surprisingly, he was still parked up in his car outside the house.

That was the difference between him and me. Had someone kidnapped my child, I wouldn't care how unprepared I felt. I would've went after my kid. All he knew was abandoning his. He couldn't even help me rescue Ace from the Dumont family.

"You won't hear it yet," Sapphire's voice let out, breaking the silence in the room.

A little confused, I frowned, "Huh?"

"Your ear is pressed against my stomach. It's too early to hear the baby move or feel it kick," she teased, bringing a light smile to my face.

I teased, "You're so goofy."

"I know. You love it," she teased back as she lovingly caressed my chin.

"I do," I confirmed after pressing a gentle kiss to her stomach. I really couldn't believe that we had a mini us growing in there.

I was really excited that Sapphire was pregnant. I felt as if my life was finally turning out how I always wanted it to. I was soon to be married and soon to have a child with the love of my life. I honestly couldn't ask for anything more.

Except getting rid of the boss.

"What's on your mind, handsome?" Sapphire questioned, inquiring about my silence since telling her about Richard and his predicament.

I admitted, "I keep thinking about him. Doesn't help that he's parked in front the house either."

She sadly cooed as she gently rubbed my back. I appreciated that she always comforted me. I liked that I didn't have to front around her.

"Are you considering helping him?" She inquired, and I shrugged.

"Should I be considering it?" I asked her, and she shrugged right back.

"It's up to you and what your gut is telling you," she advised. "Eventually, he'll have to leave and go after his son. I'm just wondering if Richard knows where to find Devon. If Devon's the boss, this could be our chance to finally put an end to the threat."

I admitted, "I've been thinking about that too. If Devon told Richard where to find him, I'm pretty sure there's a trap set up, though."

"Like when you were supposed to meet Ricardo," she referenced.

I nodded, "Exactly, yeah." I then bashfully admitted, "Part of me wants him to suffer though. I know it's wrong, but every time I see his face, I relive all the horrible things I had to do to protect, feed, and shelter my family...The family he easily walked out on. Then I think of all the hurt he caused everyone when he left. I...I hate him for it all."

"It's okay to feel that way," Sapphire assured me as she cuddled my head, and I wrapped my arms around her waist. "Admitting how you feel is crucial to the healing process. Richard won't have this hold over you for long, babe."

"I hope not," I huffed. "I was just starting to feel as if I didn't need his explanation or guilt. Then he walks right in and confirms everything I thought true. He wasn't there to help when we needed it, yet he wants us to risk everything for him."

She comforted me by saying, "Well, I support whatever decision you'll choose. I can't make a decision for you, but I'll be standing with you on whatever decision you make."

"Thanks, love," I gently smiled before pressing a kiss to her stomach again. I then teased, "I just felt a kick!"

She laughed, "Shut up!" as I sat up, and I playfully flicked her ear. She then scrounged her face in disgust as she brought up, "I still can't believe you saw me throw up like that. It was pretty disgusting."